+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help me get the correct css to change please...

Hello Pete / Aleksandar,

I have sent both of you the information on the last issue I was having regarding the login menu to your personal inbox. Please have a look when you can get a chance.

Thank you
    Brian
    Thank you - Your Welcome
    Brian

This border issue is driving me nuts. Has anyone had a look? I managed to get it a little by adding a border: 0 to .stellarnav.dark ul ul, but I am still seeing this unsightly border that now appears to be even worse now that it's shorter, and it's thicker on the top only. Not trying to be a pain, I know some of you don't really mind something like this, but I am pretty particular, and I am sure one of you can quickly identify this issue.

When you will see it: When you login, and hover over the login menu.

After trying again, I can only seem to find that the box-shadow is the culprit, but I would like to keep that.

This is the code that, if I disable it, it will remove the box-shadow, including the double border effect, but I want to keep the box-shadow. Anyone think they could figure this one out?

Code:
    Only registered members can view the code.
    After messing with it a bit more, I did my best to try fix it, I used the z-index property and moved it behind the top menu, it's still noticeable, but not too bad. If anyone has the solution to fix it entirely, that would be great!

Thank you
    Last edited by Brian Jester; November 22, 2018 at 01:16 AM.
    Thank you - Your Welcome
    Brian

Hello,

I have managed to get it just perfect! It was because I had to remove the box-shadow property in the css, and add it to the inline element (div container) and that solved this issue.

Thank you both, Aleksandar & Pete for helping!

EDIT: WHOOPS! OVER-REACTED, when I logged out the box-shadow was removed from the login menu, BUT it DOES IN FACT, WORK WHEN LOGGED IN, which is one problem solved!
    Last edited by Brian Jester; November 22, 2018 at 02:59 PM.
    Thank you - Your Welcome
    Brian

Hello,

So here's where I am at as far as this issue: I have managed to get the logged in (account-menu.tpl) file configured with the box-shadow (inline - meaning in the html itself), looks perfect, but...For the visitors, I can't seem to get that without it affecting the account-menu.tpl menu (displayed when logged in). The changes I make to the account-menu.tpl will ultimately affect the visitor menu (when not logged in). I have even tried looking into the login.tpl file (controllers folder), but that had only one div and I added the box-shadow code to it but it didn't change.

Any other suggestiongs?
    Brian
    Thank you - Your Welcome
    Brian

Hello,

I have managed this one, and man what seemed to be a pain, was actually some styling error, like width property set twice on line 37 in the stellarnav.css file. In any case though, it's working...But I want to continue with this some more until I can get the stellarnav on mobile, as it seems pretty botched up on mobile.

At exactly these breakpoints:

1000px wide
    991px wide
    767px

I am having some serious issues with the stellarnav that I could use a bit of help with if anyone cares to check it.

I use: https://www.webpagefx.com/tools/whats-my-browser-size/ to get the sizes on my website
    Last edited by Brian Jester; November 22, 2018 at 11:37 PM.
    Thank you - Your Welcome
    Brian

As I see you can edit the width or remove the box-shadow lines and it won't show the double line anymore, depending on your choice

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar Apostolovski View Post
    As I see you can edit the width or remove the box-shadow lines and it won't show the double line anymore, depending on your choice
    Yes, I am so glad that was resolved, I hate things like that, especially when they are so basic, and I forget them. Can't forget that it could be inline, or the css, not always just in the css file (style.css).
    Thank you - Your Welcome
    Brian

+ Reply to Thread