Thread: Account Menu Question - General Modern Template

Threaded View

Account Menu Question - General Modern Template

Hello,

I have done quite well (for starters) on adding the default login system in my navigation menu, but I still am having one issue which I think many of you might be able to help me out on. Here's what I have done. I have added the following code from the account_menu.tpl file into my home_content.tpl page:

PHP Code:
    Only registered members can view the code
    NOTE that the following code is part of my mobile navigation menu. It has sub-levels <ul> tags.
    Code:
    Only registered members can view the code.
    When I view the above code on the menu, I see the Welcome and the user name which is logged in perfectly, but I cannot seem to be able to get the part to work if the user is not logged in to display inside the menu.

Ps: I have tried using an include account_menu.tpl in the ul part of the menu, but that only makes the Welcome part text link to the account page, I want the account page contents to show on the menu in the <ul> tag. I made sure to add the include statement inside the correct ul tag, (if I put regular 'dummy text' inside the ul tag, it appears correct, but when I put the includes statement for the account_menu in the <ul> tag the menu doesn't drop down, although the icon on the menu does appear (so the menu <ul> is recognized as a sub-menu) but the account_menu template is linked from the Welcome username text instead of showing in the <ul> (sub-menu) tag.

Persistence pays off!

Here's the code my friends:

Code:
    Only registered members can view the code.
    Thank you
    Brian
    Last edited by Brian Jester; November 10, 2018 at 05:21 AM.