+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Using hashtags in listings

Using hashtags in listings

Nowadays, using hashtags are so common in social media networks like facebook,twitter,google plus,...
    So, i think about a way if user or admin can define hashtags in listings.

Users, can simply add hashtags in description or title area. Actually, i am not sure about effect of hashtags in title.
    But there is no way for admin to automate adding hashtags.

So, i think about adding a new field like hashtags in AP/Categories.
    Then admin can define hashtags for each category separated by comma. like sell_a_car,buy_a_car,used_car,... in cars category.
    If a use add a listing in cars category, then system automatically add #sell_a_car #buy_a_car #used_car as hashtags to the end of description field. So if the user or admin post the listing in facebook, twitter,google plus ... by using auto poster plugin or social media links in listing detail, it will post hashtags too.

I am not sure how important are hashtags. Actually i am not even sure about positive effective of tags (using tag cloud plugin) too.
    If they are useful for SEO and SERP.
    It is just a recommend for discussion.
    Last edited by Bahram Soltanirad; October 31, 2018 at 11:20 AM.

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahram Soltanirad View Post
    Actually i am not even sure about positive effective of tags (using tag cloud plugin) too.
    If they are useful for SEO and SERP.
    It is just a recommend for discussion.

Just my view based on my own experiments, very effective if done correctly. Others may see it different but I am sold that it gives you a bigger footprint in the big G

https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cF6wYOYdih

this video I looked up at random ice cream as I had listed some old ice cream tins, and where it says popular these are tag listings that show in giggle you can see there is a lot, times that by all of your listings and you see how the footprint expands. I renamed my tags to > popular , so that it looked more pleasing in the search results, and yes these show up in search terms for those wondering more often than not.

In my experiments I believe I can take the tags option and spin it even further for even greater results based on some experiments / findings that have been made but these are just my best hunch for now and un tried so I can not expand on that until I have solid proof.

but for now they get my vote, for what that is worth here.

as for hash tags, sorry cant help as I can not say one way or the other.
    Last edited by Pete Young; October 31, 2018 at 08:36 PM.

Pete, thanks for sharing your view.

I know, all tags, crawl by google, but i think site:tryinhere.com ice cream just show us if your tags crawl by google or not, that's all. It does not show your rank with ice cream in google.

Also as i see in tag cloud plugin in admin panel, it automatically growths quickly and it seems, most of the links the plugin generate are useless links in order SEO.

Actually, the plugin generates different links based on listing titles (or descriptions). It is like an engine to produce links.
    I am pretty sure, most of the links are useless or harmful in order SEO and SERP. They take google crawler time and do not let crawler to find important pages like listings.

Guru
    [QUOTE=Bahram Soltanirad;23993]
    Pete, thanks for sharing your view.

I know, all tags, crawl by google, but i think site:tryinhere.com ice cream just show us if your tags crawl by google or not, that's all.

? they are indexed not just showing if giggle can crawl them ? not sure how else to put it, many listing reach page one in the serps and often the "tags" are among the mix, I just done that version of search there are many alternatives I could have used, anyway like I said not here to worry about what others think as I just base on actual results.

I can take many examples to show and work around what I have said here, but please just use what you think is best for you, for me it works really well and I wish you well with your outcomes.
    Last edited by Pete Young; November 1, 2018 at 10:58 AM.

[QUOTE=Pete Young;23994]

? they are indexed not just crawled ?
    I meant crawl and index. Yes, sure they are indexing.

Guru
    [QUOTE=Bahram Soltanirad;23995]
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Young View Post

I meant crawl and index. Yes, sure they are indexing.
    All good Bahram, I suppose from day one with flynax just about I have been trying to work out the whole seo thing / traffic with google, each and every day making 101 mistakes and then slowly finding things that works. I have been mocked here as not knowing what I am doing, and is why I rarely comment anymore, even though those who knock do not provide alternatives.

This just makes me work harder and understanding more and more, reading, learning, experimenting, and on most occasions I am now able to place selected keywords on page one of giggle, not just once but in multiple instances, including tags, I have also been able to also combine that with social media now where I think people saw that I drew 1000 visitors to the site in under 36 hours in addition to the indexing on google, not talk real results.

Not saying that anything done is right or correct, all I can do is back it with shown results, that said I would really love to learn more and that will happen as when you poke this bear it comes back stronger, and I am very confident that there is a long way to go, and one of the major ways as said before to increase and improve the footprint in googles index of your / our sites is using the tags plugin with a twist.

I am very confident based on some tests done in the outcome but will not rubber stamp it just yet until I am able to verify fully with testing.

In regards the seo part of things I am about to dump my current site and take a new niche and almost totally rely on seo, so I hope I have it part way sorted.

Again I wish you well in your ventures and I am happy to share any findings if you want and it's up to you / others if you / they find any merit in them or not.

Pete

Ok, Pete... i am glad to hear, you are nearly successful in your business and had a good experience with using tags in tag cloud plugin.
    Though my main question was about hashtags and the ways using them in our flynax scripts.

Since you are interesting to learning, i found a good article about tag clouds by matt cutts.
    One of my concerns is about how tag cloud plugin internally works, because in my case, it grows nearly fast and it generates most of the time with useless and inappropriate words for generating link pages.

َunlike tag clouds, i have a good feeling about using hashtags, because i am seeing their influences in social media networking.
    I am just try to find best way and if possible an automatic way for using them in flynax script.

By the way........ you have a hidden talent in writing.

Guru
    One of my concerns is about how tag cloud plugin internally works, because in my case, it grows nearly fast and it generates most of the time with useless and inappropriate words for generating link pages.
    I will follow the link and have a read thank you, I also agree with what you have written above, busy now but if I get time I am happy to share how I think tags can work better.

Thanks

Edit, looked at your link and I also agree with what was said by Matt, he made some good points that will help me in the way I plan to test the tags plugin, so thank you for that.

I also have decided not to expand on what I plan to do based on that I need to trial this first and do not wish to put something out there that may not work, even though I feel confident in the outcome.

The new site will run mostly on seo based traffic only so a good opportunity to test the things learnt so far, proof is in the pudding they say.

Thanks again.
    Last edited by Pete Young; November 2, 2018 at 09:04 AM.

+ Reply to Thread