+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hide member details in side bar of details page

Guru

hide member details in side bar of details page

I am sure I read a post recently that asked this question and I am unable to find it, in the general wide listings page the member details are shown in the side bar, how do we turn them off please?

Hello,

Do you mean to hide the owner box ?

because details can be hidden by removing account fields from browse form: Account Types > your type > Build > Build Browse Form

to hide side owner box completely you should go to ftp > templates > your template > tpl > blocks > listing_details_sidebar.tpl

remove or comment out all the code except of {rlHook name='listing_details_sidebar'}

but if you don't use shopping cart go to tpl > content.tpl and remove the following code:
    Code:
    Only registered members can view the code.
    Last edited by Rudi; October 30, 2018 at 09:52 AM.

Guru
    Thanks Rudi will try this

Quote Originally Posted by Rudi View Post
    Hello,

Do you mean to hide the owner box ?

because details can be hidden by removing account fields from browse form: Account Types > your type > Build > Build Browse Form

to hide side owner box completely you should go to ftp > templates > your template > tpl > blocks > listing_details_sidebar.tpl

remove or comment out all the code except of {rlHook name='listing_details_sidebar'}

but if you don't use shopping cart go to tpl > content.tpl and remove the following code:
    Code:
    Only registered members can view the code.
    Hello Rudi,

What I did was simply rename the file listing_details_sidebar.tpl and that was good enough to hide that sidebar, however, I would like to use the full width for the rest of my content on that page: https://www.worldclassads.com/classi...isting-24.html

How can I use the rest of the page width for the content currently on that page? I have tried several ways to do it using the inspector but I couldn't manage that.

Edit: I figured it out, had to make with of section id content 100%
    Last edited by Brian Jester; May 15, 2019 at 01:29 AM.
    Thank you - Your Welcome
    Brian

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Jester View Post

Edit: I figured it out, had to make with of section id content 100%

Brian could you copy paste the bit you changed / file / line number so we can see for future ref please ?
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Young View Post
    Brian could you copy paste the bit you changed / file / line number so we can see for future ref please ?
    Hello Pete,

Sorry for the late reply, I am just now starting to work on that area again, what is it exactly that you need? I will post what I have, but I have to refer to your post again, because I initially renamed that file sidebar listing_details_sidebar.tpl to !listing_details_sidebar.tpl (with ! symbol in front of the name) and the sidebar is gone. I want to follow your post again to put the seller info content box in the middle or bottom area instead, so I can use the full width of the screen, so far I did make the full-width of the screen. If you need that, all you need to do is look for section #content and make that 100% width. If you need something else, let me know. Actually I did follow that, but only to the point of hiding the sidebar, but I did do that like I said by adding ! in front of the filename to rename it, and that made it go away, which is what I wanted, and I made the width of the area 100% usable by making section#content 100%, but I am not able to put a content box anywhere on the page, even if it's not as a sidebar. I want to see if making the #content smaller in width and maybe I can use the other content boxes. I will check back when complete.

Edit: 1: No, it's not possible by using a content box in that area, it seems flynax has made it specific for that one box, not sure why, but if it could be possible to add any content box to that page (listing page) example:https://www.worldclassads.com/classi...isting-24.html that would be great! If this is a big customization, I will wait, it's not a huge concern for me, but I think it would make the site more flexible and that would make more sense.

Edit: 2: My mistake, it IS in fact possible to put content box on that page, I had to do a refresh, I clicked all buttons, the MultiField: Refresh Paths takes the longest but I still checked the site when all other refreshes were done, it did NOT interfere with anything even though the refresh paths is still working. I see the content box on that page above.

It is still working on the refresh paths, so I cannot use the admin panel until that is done, I will post back when complete. So it's time for a break.
    Last edited by Brian Jester; May 15, 2019 at 11:29 PM.
    Thank you - Your Welcome
    Brian

Guru
    Brian there is a second exact same contact the owner box called ? Get More Details etc in your content box section, so you just needed to hide the side panel, then in your content boxes add the second one which can be placed anywhere, so no need to try and reposition the one you hid.

yes just wanted to know where you expanded the page to 100% as I ended up with a lot of issues when I tried and gave up.
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

Brian there is a second exact same contact the owner box called ? Get More Details etc in your content box section, so you just needed to hide the side panel, then in your content boxes add the second one which can be placed anywhere, so no need to try and reposition the one you hid.

yes just wanted to know where you expanded the page to 100% as I ended up with a lot of issues when I tried and gave up.
    To answer your question about the 100%. Did you look for section id content in your css? In my style.css it's line: 1061

I am having issue trying to put other content boxes on the page. I did the refresh all buttons clicked, then I the faq content box on that page, and it did work, but I removed that and then tried another content box and it did not appear. I made sure the correct page was selected, still didn't appear. Why is it not working?
    Thank you - Your Welcome
    Brian

Guru
    section#content {
    /* vertical-align: top; */
    /* text-align: center; */
    /*margin: 70px 0 0 0; */
    margin-top: 20px;
    width: 100% !important; /* If Listings Has No Sidebar (Listings_Details_Sidebar) */
    float: right;
    ok got it for future ref and looks like you have your box showing and working now ?

You are putting a heap of work into your site for sure
    Last edited by Pete Young; May 16, 2019 at 02:06 AM.

ok got it for future ref and looks like you have your box showing and working now ?

You are putting a heap of work into your site for sure
    Yes, it's a lot of work, no question about that one.
    Thank you - Your Welcome
    Brian

+ Reply to Thread