+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Will customizations made for one Flynax Template work in another Flynax Template?

Hybrid View

Will customizations made for one Flynax Template work in another Flynax Template?

Hello,

Just curious on this question, I have a customization done for the general_wide template, will that customization work in another Flynax Template or no?

Brian

If the customization is done on the template folder of general_wide, it obviously won't work on other template. You need to compare and copy or edit it to make it work on other template

Quote Originally Posted by Wei Hong View Post
    If the customization is done on the template folder of general_wide, it obviously won't work on other template. You need to compare and copy or edit it to make it work on other template
    I haven't tried it yet, but it was a customization done on the advanced search page (General_Wide Template), which has to do with the 3 location select menus, It (advanced search page) looks pretty much the same, and I was thinking the code would work, but hey if it doesn't I will work with what I have for now. Can't get too picky / choosy at this point.

Brian

you can compare and copy it to the new template, too. It would not be that hard I think if the structure is similar

Actually,

It's does work, as it did not require modifications of any of the template files, the customization modified files outside of the template folders. So I am so happy about that being that I can use that customization on other templates, if I desired to do so.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Jester View Post
    Actually,

It's does work, as it did not require modifications of any of the template files, the customization modified files outside of the template folders. So I am so happy about that being that I can use that customization on other templates, if I desired to do so.

Brian
    Glad to hear that

+ Reply to Thread