+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: google start charging for google maps - possible solution

google start charging for google maps - possible solution

Hi, as you probably know, google starts charging for google maps use. The new price list is located here: https://cloud.google.com/maps-platform/pricing/sheet/

Can anyone tell me what kind of API calls are used in flynax google maps functions in web script and android app. Is flynax using embed advanced or? (definition: An advanced Maps Embed API request that uses the Directions mode, Street View mode, or Search mode.). I am aware that we have Street View on flynax site.

I think we should use Embed , as its still free.

What do you think guys?

Has anyone got a solution here. I received a bill from Google and it is not cheap. Ouch.

Hello guys,

All I can tell is that we are working now on a new map api which will become a free alternative to google maps
    but it will take a while

I thought it will be free until you reach a certain amount of quota am I right? Then it cost money for the exceeding quota in that month.

correct. you get 300 USD credit from google. you need to provide your billing data (credit card). you need to setup api key.

my site increasingly consumes the maps api and my bill goes up, when will be ready to new api? or some possible solution?

Maybe we can use this alternative to google maps:

https://leafletjs.com/index.html

???

best regards
    Sakis

Actually, this library uses openstreetmap api which we plan to use as one of the free map solutions ))

That's good news. I am sure lots of us would like to show listings on a map without making the super-rich richer at Google.

Leaflet using for tiles mapbox, so you must signup for access token! I read until 50000 views is free!

+ Reply to Thread