+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Discussion about Cron and expired listings.

Discussion about Cron and expired listings.

Hello all, There is an option in AP->Basic settings->Cron Jobs->Checking for expired listings
    and there is two options: Remove expired listings and you can activate it
    and Delete expired listings in n days. You can set a number like 180 to remove expired listings after 180 days.
    Unfortunately, it does not explain you about 'after n days' of what? probability your first guess is after n days of listing expire date.
    But it seems your guess is not true.
    When i was looking at index.php at Cron folder, i found, it is n days after the cron job sending a notification about deleting expired listing to the user.

#199 till #208
    Code:
    Only registered members can view the code.
    Also look at #253 till #260

Code:
    1. Flynax change Loc_address after sending notify to current time. If the user activate listing again after notification , there is no meaningful address there.

2. Flynax change Cron_notified to 1 after sending warning notification for removal. So if the user renew/upgrade the listing again, it should naturally change Cron_notified to 0 .

But if we look at rlListings.class.php -> Function upgradeListing

There is 3 switch-case commands.
    case 'listing':
    case 'package':
    case 'featured':

But only in case 'package': we will see this line

Code:
    Obviously, they change Cron_notified to 0 in this case , but they won't change it in other two cases.

According this thread by Wei Hong http://forum.flynax.com/showthread.p...ight=attention
    When user renew/upgrade listing, it does not calculate new expire date correctly.
    All these problems is because expire date is a computational field and Flynax calculate it, each time they need to it.

Solution: I think, Flynax should save expire date as a new column in listings table.

+ Reply to Thread