+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Changing plan bugs

Yea I know it more than a year. But I will bring this up again to get your attention. I bet you guys haven't notice this BUG yet because you haven't started making money from your flynax site.
    Please read my first post in this thread. If you offer paid plan service, you get effect. If your site is always free then really, its a bug so...
    Last edited by Wei Hong; October 25, 2019 at 09:56 AM.

Hello Wei Hong,

Could you create a ticket so that our developer could investigate it based on your description ?

Hi Rudi,

I made 3 tickets over the past year. ZSD-641315, OOO-906553, and TSE-262016
    But please only check this ticket TSE-262016 since it has the latest information. I have been waiting patiently since my site is still in testing phase, I'm the only active user on my site. But I'm planning to open it to public soon that is why I brought this up again.

Thank you

What is the issue?

Guru
    Wei Hong, one way you can sort this for now is to think a little outside of the box, to do this you would need to do 2 things.

as an example

Set your notification for renewal to say 7 days (or any number you like) and then lets say you package is for 90 days You then set your total days to 90 + 7 days (97 days ) in the description you word it something like 90 days + renewal ? not sure how to re word it but you have the idea.

So what happens here is that when they get the renewal email and they renew, and lets say they have 7 days to go then by renewing then they get the balance of the 7 days plus the new 90 days.

The last thing you could do and I think this can be done is make renewal inactive until the renew period (7 days ) comes into effect.

these changes would solve all problems, the worst that could happen is they would get extra days if they delayed renewal, is it ideal ? probably not but you could implement it as a effective workaround for now. you could add a small description on the renew page of how things work if you wanted to ?

Pete
    Last edited by Pete Young; October 25, 2019 at 11:29 PM.
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

Quote Originally Posted by Wei Hong View Post
    But please only check this ticket TSE-262016 since it has the latest information. I have been waiting patiently since my site is still in testing phase, I'm the only active user on my site. But I'm planning to open it to public soon that is why I brought this up again.
    I've checked this ticket and it turns out that you had a discussion before with the developer and he said that our script doesn't support this feature that you mean and it's not a bug
    because it's a specificity of Flynax listing plans

all I can say that this feature probably will be added in the future

Quote Originally Posted by Jose luis Lau cruz View Post
    What is the issue?
    Hi Jose,
    You can read my first post in this thread. I have a summary of the issue

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Young View Post
    Wei Hong, one way you can sort this for now is to think a little outside of the box, to do this you would need to do 2 things.

as an example

Set your notification for renewal to say 7 days (or any number you like) and then lets say you package is for 90 days You then set your total days to 90 + 7 days (97 days ) in the description you word it something like 90 days + renewal ? not sure how to re word it but you have the idea.

So what happens here is that when they get the renewal email and they renew, and lets say they have 7 days to go then by renewing then they get the balance of the 7 days plus the new 90 days.

The last thing you could do and I think this can be done is make renewal inactive until the renew period (7 days ) comes into effect.

these changes would solve all problems, the worst that could happen is they would get extra days if they delayed renewal, is it ideal ? probably not but you could implement it as a effective workaround for now. you could add a small description on the renew page of how things work if you wanted to ?

Pete
    Hi Pete, this still not fix the problem if user choose to extend the period with a plan that has a different duration day. Also the problem of featured duration is removed when extending active time is also a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudi View Post
    I've checked this ticket and it turns out that you had a discussion before with the developer and he said that our script doesn't support this feature that you mean and it's not a bug
    because it's a specificity of Flynax listing plans

all I can say that this feature probably will be added in the future
    Hi Rudi,

I think you misread the information. In the latest ticket TSE-262016
    The bug was submit by your staff in the to-do bug fix list and picture was sent to me as reply
    bugs.png

Also, in the previous ticket OOO-906553 supporter responded:

Posted On: 28 Feb 2019 10:03 AM
    Hello,

Ok, Do you want fix it on your site?
    and

osted On: 26 Jun 2019 04:57 AM
    Hello,

We will resolve this issue in software;
    So it should be a bug, and not a feature right since they refer to fixing it and not adding it or applying it as feature?

In case you dont want to read my lengthy report that I spent hours to test and wrote here is the summary:
    Bug1: If you have a featured listing, and extend your listing active period with regular plan, your featured status is removed.
    * For example just imagine that you paid $10 for 5 days of featured status and it's all gone/deleted/removed by flynax after you paid again to extend your listing active period.

Bug2: If you have 2 plans available for customers with different duration for example 5 days and 10 days. Doesn't matter which one you initially post the ads with, when you want to extend the active period, if you pick a plan that has more days than your initial, you get an addition of your initial and your newly paid. Customer love this because they have days that they paying + days that they had paid one more time.
    For example you pick 5 days to post your ads, then when you have for example 2 days left and you decided to extend it with a 10 days plan. You think you will get 12 days right: 2 days remaining + 10 days plan you just paid? Its not, you get 17 days: 2 days remaining + 10 days you just paid + 5 days you had paid initially when posting this ads. How is this not a bug.

This is the worst scenario. If you pick a plan that has less day, you get subtract 1 days from remaining day after you paid to extend hoping to get more day.
    For example you initially pick 10days to post ads, then when you have for example 4 days left, and you want to extend another 5 days and choose a 5 days plan, your active days is subtract/minus one day to whatever you have left. You ended up having 3 days after just paid for a 5 days plan. How is this a feature when you paid to get more but end up getting less?

EDITED Just tested BUG2 again 5 minutes ago on own site. It's the same on flynax demo of course.
    There are 2 plans with different active duration available for customers: 1 month plan and 2 month plan

Case 1 when current plan (1 month) has less day than plan you extend (2 months)
    I posted ads using 1 month plan. Go to my-ads and extend using the 2 months plan -> I got 4 months. It should be 3 months: 1 month in 1st paid and 2 months in second paid.

Case 2 when current plan (2 months) has more day than plan you extend (1 month)
    Continuously, with the same plan that has 4 months active day earlier. I extend it will the 1 month plan -> I got 3 months and 29 days: 4 months subtract 1 day. How come you paid for 1 more month but get 1 day subtraction from your current plan.

I hope this is simple and clear.
    I don't mean to be mean or anything, I have been working with flynax script for years and mostly just testing bug here and there and contribute my idea to improve it.
    Last edited by Wei Hong; October 27, 2019 at 09:00 AM.

Guru
    "Hi Pete, this still not fix the problem if user choose to extend the period with a plan that has a different duration day. Also the problem of featured duration is removed when extending active time is also a problem."
    Dang I hope it gets sorted then, I remember I had this problem on my old site but they did fix it for me at the time, it took some explaining but we got there in the end.
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

Hi. Have these bugs been fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by Jose luis Lau cruz View Post
    Hi. Have these bugs been fixed?
    Not yet Jose,

If you are offering paid service, I recommend you to offer only one plan and not offering featured plan. You will have no problem with the 2 bugs here.

+ Reply to Thread