+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Changing plan bugs

Quote Originally Posted by Wei Hong View Post
    Still surprise that no one seems to care about it, which means not too many people making money from it? At least from using posting ads plan?
    I care about it and i think all of flynax customers are care about it; but sometimes you like to sit and watch.
    I think, most of the users do not change the listing plan or they do it after listing is expired. Actually, it seems there is a logic behind current changing plan process for calculating listing live, and i hope, flynax explain it to us.

Guru
    I got a quote for fixing it right now. Or wait for next update, which you know not even an estimated release date yet so it could take months if not a whole year. ((((( I have been with flynax for years and was using free plan, just recently decided make some paid plan for some income and immediately come across this bug. Still surprise that no one seems to care about it, which means not too many people making money from it? At least from using posting ads plan?

we all care, as for a pay to fix it now, that is not correct "if its a bug", poor response and bad service if so.

Still surprise that no one seems to care about it,
    at least you got a response, I am being ignored on another bug, and no response to simple questions, I feel very angry about it, but will keep my calm until its sorted. just very disappointing.
    Last edited by Pete Young; January 24, 2019 at 10:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bahram Soltanirad View Post
    I care about it and i think all of flynax customers are care about it; but sometimes you like to sit and watch.
    I think, most of the users do not change the listing plan or they do it after listing is expired. Actually, it seems there is a logic behind current changing plan process for calculating listing live, and i hope, flynax explain it to us.
    Yea Bahram, you have a point. Probably thats why. But we can't be sure sometimes customers want to add more days so they can keep their mind on something else. In my test it doesn't make sense to have reduced duration after upgrade, and sometimes addition duration on top of the plan you just upgraded. ((( Flynax team agreed it's a bug and working to fix it since 4.6.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Young View Post
    we all care, as for a pay to fix it now, that is not correct "if its a bug", poor response and bad service if so.

at least you got a response, I am being ignored on another bug, and no response to simple questions, I feel very angry about it, but will keep my calm until its sorted. just very disappointing.
    When I made the ticket I was hoping that they would act fast and fix the bug since it's critical as a paid services related bug. But I was turn down with a quote, still it's an option if things go super south. I might have to pay for it if needed.

Not sure what problem you're having, would you might refer me to it?

Guru
    When I made the ticket I was hoping that they would act fast and fix the bug since it's critical as a paid services related bug. But I was turn down with a quote, still it's an option if things go super south. I might have to pay for it if needed.
    If this is a bug, then there is no way you can pay for a fix, full stop.

There are those that may say that flynax purposely puts bugs into the system, and then get greenhorns and unwitting to pay, as it stands those words are false in that flynax (to my knowledge) has never charged any person to fix a genuine bug, putting that story to bed without question.

It would be like me buying a new TV, taking it home and taking it out the box, to see the screen broken and them telling me ok, come in and pay for repairs and we will fix it for you. Never going to happen and it would be against consumer laws.

And I do not think flynax are that stupid. I would ask to raise the matter higher up for a resolution and for it to be resolved for you at no cost, as it should be done by any reputable company, let alone as claimed the worlds best.

Even the reference for you to pay is not good, but lets err on the side of caution and just maybe somebody in flynax has crossed wires, and the message you have is a genuine mistake.

No
    t sure what problem you're having, would you might refer me to it?
    it looks like something might be getting done but rather than just a simple explanation of how to do it I now have to create a ticket ? what for I do not know, but I will stay calm.
    Last edited by Pete Young; January 25, 2019 at 10:36 AM.

Yes Pete,

Just like you I've been with Flynax since 2013 and honestly I don't recall anytime Flynax charge any money for fixing a bug. So I was quite surprise, my guess is that this bug is hard to fix and they won't do it for free if I want it fixed asap. They want me to wait till next update which is no sight of even an eta released date yet. Though I had raised this problem in Aug 2018 in forum, and made a ticket in Nov 2018 which after exchanging information I then got a quote in Jan 22, 2019.

A bit sad but what option do I have... Fortunately I'm still working on my site and it's not fully working yet.

Guru
    Yes Pete,

Just like you I've been with Flynax since 2013 and honestly I don't recall anytime Flynax charge any money for fixing a bug. So I was quite surprise, my guess is that this bug is hard to fix and they won't do it for free if I want it fixed asap. They want me to wait till next update which is no sight of even an eta released date yet. Though I had raised this problem in Aug 2018 in forum, and made a ticket in Nov 2018 which after exchanging information I then got a quote in Jan 22, 2019.

A bit sad but what option do I have... Fortunately I'm still working on my site and it's not fully working yet.
    I have just read the entire thread, and you have been told to send it in for a for a fix, this combined with everything else, does not lead to now wanting to charge you, and if that's what they want to do then you can read the headlines now. " buy your flynax script today, but if it does not work, we will charge you to fix our mistake tomorrow".

From principle I would not be paying, and you have every right to feel disappointed, but I will say again to clarify with flynax, because I really doubt flynax would do this, and who ever told you this has no idea and has made a mistake.

With that said, last year I thought that it was the best year ever, I had seen the whole support side and in general flynax be, and it really did look like they were travelling in the right direction and improving, it was a good thing to see, I just hope that everything continues in that way and does not go backwards.

What would I know, well I have spent the last 40 years in sales and customer service and am still actively involved today with my own businesses and other business and dealt with more customers and problems than I can remember, below is a letter I got yesterday from one of my personal customers, and is typical of the responses I get.

Sent: Friday, 25 January 2019 1:52 PM
    To: admin@xxxxxx

HI there Pete, The parcel arrived Oh WOW , Pete you can pack things for me anytime, you did a wonderful job.,, and the Game OMG it made me cry when i opened it, its perfect will send over a pic to you to show you were it is sitting in the games cupboard, along side all the others, thank you again for you time, You went far beyond anything that i have ever seen.... Thank you Pete for been a wonderful Human , Not many around like you Pete... with kind regards from Jxxxxxxx
    Hang in there as I am confident everything will work out for you, just sorry you have to get to feel like this in process, it should never happen like this, and remember that there are people here supporting you and willing to help as best we can, so do not feel alone, sometimes working with flynax can be very frustrating and it takes time.
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

Just want share one thing here to Flynax Team ....when customer happy with success no one cant stop Flynax Success. Sales and service is very important in any business.

Guru
    I'm very sad. The bug is still there on version 4.7. Here is my test very similar to initial test 3 months ago

Initial Expiration Date: 20-11
    Change A (3days) to B (7days): 01-12 <-- NOT OK. Should be 27.11 (+7)
    Change B to B: 8-12 <-- OK if count from 01-12, its +7 days
    Change B to A: 7-12 <-- NOT OK. Should be 11-12 (+3) but it (-1)
    Change A to B: 18-12 <-- NOT OK. (+11). Should (+7)
    Change B to A: 17-12 <-- NOT OK. (-1). Should (+3)
    Change A to A: 20-12 <-- OK. (+3)
    Change A to B: 31-12 <-- NOT OK. (+11). Should (+7)
    Change B to A: 30-12 <-- NOT OK. (-1) Should (+3)

Break down:
    - OK if update the same plan such as A to A or B to B
    - PROBLEM when update different plan:
    + A to B: script add duration of both A and B, while it should only add B
    + B to A: script subtract duration by 1, while it should add duration of A
    ----> The correction is: Script should add duration of plan that you change to. Just that. ((((((

This is a big problem. We can't charge user for using such inconsistent service.
    Hello Wei Hong, I have pulled down to see what the error is as best I can and have found the following,

1 > 2 | A > B if 1 < 2 then A + B | should be | + B (thinking here is they have thought they needed to add new to old / existing hence why they have A + B ( new plus old / existing ) but old already exists in the numbers, so need to remove the A part to make it correct , existing to B ( or the package being updated to ).

1 = 2 | A = A if A = A the + A ( if it matches just add, and this works fine) then just add , it works fine.

2 = 2 | B = B if B = B the + B ( if it matches just add, and this works fine) then just add , it works fine.

2 > 1 | B > A else ( B > A ) then ? Absolutely no idea how this one came about in a mathematical / logical way because with those numbers getting a negative one is strange at best ? If you add A + B (as in the first thinking) then take B*2 and then add A *1 you get the negative number, struggling to get my head thinking like that ? anyway it should be existing + A ( or the package being updated to )

as an example of what's happening here in both of your examples see below.

B > A 8-Dec
    .+ ab . (+ 10) 18-Dec
    .- b*2 (. - 14) 4-Dec
    .+ A (. + 3) 7-Dec

and

B > A 31-Dec
    .+ ab (. + 10) 10-Jan
    .- b*2 (. - 14) 27-Dec
    .+ A (. + 3) 30-Dec

Giving the 2 results you had.

In all instances it should be adding the new listing plan numbers to the existing balance of days, there is no need for any other calculation to happen here and should be an easy fix. In short the need to replace the if > than or if < than options with the same options for if = to option.
    Last edited by Pete Young; January 27, 2019 at 01:46 AM.
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Young View Post
    Hello Wei Hong, I have pulled down to see what the error is as best I can and have found the following,

1 > 2 | A > B if 1 < 2 then A + B | should be | + B (thinking here is they have thought they needed to add new to old / existing hence why they have A + B ( new plus old / existing ) but old already exists in the numbers, so need to remove the A part to make it correct , existing to B ( or the package being updated to ).

1 = 2 | A = A if A = A the + A ( if it matches just add, and this works fine) then just add , it works fine.

2 = 2 | B = B if B = B the + B ( if it matches just add, and this works fine) then just add , it works fine.

2 > 1 | B > A else ( B > A ) then ? Absolutely no idea how this one came about in a mathematical / logical way because with those numbers getting a negative one is strange at best ? If you add A + B (as in the first thinking) then take B*2 and then add A *1 you get the negative number, struggling to get my head thinking like that ? anyway it should be existing + A ( or the package being updated to )

as an example of what's happening here in both of your examples see below.

B > A 8-Dec
    .+ ab . (+ 10) 18-Dec
    .- b*2 (. - 14) 4-Dec
    .+ A (. + 3) 7-Dec

and

B > A 31-Dec
    .+ ab (. + 10) 10-Jan
    .- b*2 (. - 14) 27-Dec
    .+ A (. + 3) 30-Dec

Giving the 2 results you had.

In all instances it should be adding the new listing plan numbers to the existing balance of days, there is no need for any other calculation to happen here and should be an easy fix. In short the need to replace the if > than or if < than options with the same options for if = to option.
    Hi Pete,

I'm glad that your customers love you for the businesses that you're running. It is what keep things going on well isn't it!
    And thank you for your in-depth analysis it makes thing easier to understand. As you suggest, I also don't think this issue need complicated calculation to be honest. I hope we'll get sound response from flynax soon.

)))

Please see my first post on this thread, I updated all test from version 4.6.2 to 4.7.2 there.
    https://forum.flynax.com/showthread....ll=1#post23475

Hi guys,

Today I test again to see this bug is fixed on new released version 4.7.2 and very sad to find that it's still there. I just tested on Flynax Demo 4.7.2

If you have 2 plans with different duration, everything else is the same for example: 3 days and 7 days.
    Update from 3 days to 3 days or 7 days to 7 days, the same duration plan is working fine. Meaning it will add extra 3 days or extra 7 days accordingly. Which makes senses.

The problem occurs when you change/upgrade plan with different duration:
    I. Situation 1, when you change to a plan that has duration days less than your initial. 3 < 7
    Lets say you initially used 7 days plan, your expiration days is Jun 10, you change/upgrade using plan 3 days, it should add extra 3 days which expire in Jun 13. Nope, it adds 10 days ( which is combination of initial 7 days plan plus the 3 days plan that you changing into), which result in the awkward expiration day of June 20.

II. Situation 2, when you change to a plan that has duration days more than your initial. 7 > 3
    Lets say you initially used 3 days plan, your expiration days is Jun 10, you change/upgrade using plan 7 days, it should add extra 7 days which expire in Jun 17. Nope, it subtract 1 day, which result in the awkward expiration day of June 9.

These results that I got from testing on Flynax Demo site 4.7.2 just minutes ago.
    My recommendation for this is which ever plan user upgrade to, the duration of that plan should be add on top of the current duration. I'm not sure what the math Flynax is using, but subtract and add combination is not correct.

Please fix it.
    Think about customer when they paid money to have extra 3 days duration and they got -1 as a result (situation 2), or how confused to paid for 7 days extra duration and got 10 days extra instead (situation 1).

With that problem, we should not charge for service if we have different plan with different duration, the duration will not add right.

Another issue that confuse is the featured plan. If user paid 10 days featured and then want to add 30 days regular, they should be able to do so without losing their paid featured. Because at the moment if you paid for lets say 10 days featured and then when you have for example 5 days featured left, you want to add extra 30 days regular duration, you will lost the remain 5 featured days.
    My recommendation for this is: Featured duration should be separate with the regular duration. And priority for featured duration go first. If featured duration ran out, then check for regular duration.
    Last edited by Wei Hong; June 10, 2019 at 08:26 AM.

+ Reply to Thread