+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Changing plan bugs

Changing plan bugs

EDITED in Oct 25, 2019.
    Not yet fixed even in version 4.8

This bug effects those who:

1. Offer multiple listing plans with different active duration (days). For example your site offer 2 plans: plan 1 active 10 days, plan 2 active 20 days. You will get this bugs. Check my report below, the one in quote, basically when you extend your listing duration, you get either more days than show on plan, or get subtract your active days.
    2. Offer featured listing plan. You will face this bug. Here is how: You have a featured listing that you already paid, and then you want to extend none-featured duration, if you do that, your remain featured is removed.
    ** Real example: I have a listing that still have 10 days as featured listing left, I decided to paid to extend none-featured duration, after paid, the remain 10 days featured is removed.

My suggestion to fix this is:
    1. Change the calculation method to whenever user paid for service, add that time period as extra to the current time. For example: I have 2 days left, I paid for a 10 days plan. Total I have 12 days. I paid again 10 days. Total I have 22 days. As of now when you paid to extend, it add weird number of days, sometimes it even subtract the remaining days, depend on the plan you paid has more or less days than your previous plan.
    2. Change the calculation so that we have featured duration and none-featured duration counted separately. Check whether user has featured or none-featured left before deactivate it, check featured first as priority, then non-featured. If user paid to extend none-featured then add the time to none-featured. If they paid to extend featured, then add the time to featured. As of now, when user has a featured listings and want to extend their none-featured, it remove the featured time.

-------------------------
    ORIGINALLY POSTED:
    I just recently found this bug on 4.6.2. Tested on flynax Demo All in One

I created 2 plans: A and B, A has 3 days duration and B has 7 days duration. The rest are the same.
    If continue to change the same plan A to A, or B to B, date add as normal.
    If I change plan from A to B, duration add 10 more days instead of 7 days, it adds plan A 3 days duration as extra.
    If I change plan from B to A, duration subtract 1 day instead of adding another 3 days.

Can this be fixed? It confuses users.

I did the following test on flynax demo and note

Initial Expiration Date: 16-Oct
    Change A (3days) to B (7days): 27-Oct
    Change B to B: 3-Nov
    Change B to A: 2-Nov
    Change A to B: 13-Nov
    Change B to A: 12-Nov
    Change A to A: 15-Nov
    Change A to B: 26-Nov
    Change B to A: 25-Nov

Same thing on my site too.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Updated check in November 18, 2018 with version 4.7

I'm very sad. The bug is still there on version 4.7. Here is my test very similar to initial test 3 months ago

Initial Expiration Date: 20-11
    Change A (3days) to B (7days): 01-12 <-- NOT OK. Should be 27.11 (+7)
    Change B to B: 8-12 <-- OK if count from 01-12, its +7 days
    Change B to A: 7-12 <-- NOT OK. Should be 11-12 (+3) but it (-1)
    Change A to B: 18-12 <-- NOT OK. (+11). Should (+7)
    Change B to A: 17-12 <-- NOT OK. (-1). Should (+3)
    Change A to A: 20-12 <-- OK. (+3)
    Change A to B: 31-12 <-- NOT OK. (+11). Should (+7)
    Change B to A: 30-12 <-- NOT OK. (-1) Should (+3)

Break down:
    - OK if update the same plan such as A to A or B to B
    - PROBLEM when update different plan:
    + A to B: script add duration of both A and B, while it should only add B
    + B to A: script subtract duration by 1, while it should add duration of A
    ----> The correction is: Script should add duration of plan that you change to. Just that. ((((((

This is a big problem. We can't charge user for using such inconsistent service.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Updated today June 10, 2019 with version 4.7.2

Hi guys,

Today I test again to see this bug is fixed on new released version 4.7.2 and very sad to find that it's still there. I just tested on Flynax Demo 4.7.2

If you have 2 plans with different duration, everything else is the same for example: 3 days and 7 days.
    Update from 3 days to 3 days or 7 days to 7 days, the same duration plan is working fine. Meaning it will add extra 3 days or extra 7 days accordingly. Which makes senses.

The problem occurs when you change/upgrade plan with different duration:
    I. Situation 1, when you change to a plan that has duration days less than your initial. 3 < 7
    Lets say you initially used 7 days plan, your expiration days is Jun 10, you change/upgrade using plan 3 days, it should add extra 3 days which expire in Jun 13. Nope, it adds 10 days ( which is combination of initial 7 days plan plus the 3 days plan that you changing into), which result in the awkward expiration day of June 20.

II. Situation 2, when you change to a plan that has duration days more than your initial. 7 > 3
    Lets say you initially used 3 days plan, your expiration days is Jun 10, you change/upgrade using plan 7 days, it should add extra 7 days which expire in Jun 17. Nope, it subtract 1 day, which result in the awkward expiration day of June 9.

These results that I got from testing on Flynax Demo site 4.7.2 just minutes ago.
    My recommendation for this is which ever plan user upgrade to, the duration of that plan should be add on top of the current duration. I'm not sure what the math Flynax is using, but subtract and add combination is not correct.
    Please fix it.
    Think about customer when they paid money to have extra 3 days duration and they got -1 as a result (situation 2), or how confused to paid for 7 days extra duration and got 10 days extra instead (situation 1).

With that problem, we should not charge for service if we have different plan with different duration, the duration will not add right.

Another issue that confuse is the featured plan. If user paid 10 days featured and then want to add 30 days regular, they should be able to do so without losing their paid featured. Because at the moment if you paid for lets say 10 days featured and then when you have for example 5 days featured left, you want to add extra 30 days regular duration, you will lost the remain 5 featured days.
    My recommendation for this is: Featured duration should be separate with the regular duration. And priority for featured duration go first. If featured duration ran out, then check for regular duration.
    Last edited by Wei Hong; October 25, 2019 at 09:59 AM.

Hello Wei Hong,

Yes, we know about it. Thank you for the attention. Already exist this task in our TODO and our developers are working on this task.
    Viktor,
    Flynax technical department,
    Best wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Viktor View Post
    Hello Wei Hong,

Yes, we know about it. Thank you for the attention. Already exist this task in our TODO and our developers are working on this task.
    Thanks Viktor,

If possible would you please sharing the fix here, it is a very important issue to flynax site.

Wei, thank you for the information. I'll check it for a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Bahram Soltanirad View Post
    Wei, thank you for the information. I'll check it for a solution.
    No problem Bahram, I hope this get fixed fast

Hello All,

We will fix it in the next version of the product which we will release it soon.
    Viktor,
    Best wishes.

Hi Viktor

I Find one more little bug

I create 2 plan Free(5 pics) and Featured(10 pic 1 video)

1. user posting ad by free package
    2. user make upgrade to feature package
    3. in "ad editing mode" plan filed appears Free Package again and USER MUST MANUALLY CHANGE PLAN TO FEATURE to add more pics and video
    I tested on DEMO also and same problem

Hello Giorgi,

Would you please explain to me how did you upgrade the plan? Please check my screenshot: https://prnt.sc/kkm0f7
    Exist 2 links. Also, you can buy a new package here: https://prnt.sc/kkm0t2
    Need a bit more information with screenshots if possible of course.
    Viktor,
    Best wishes.

HI Viktor

I tested both ways "Upgrade to Featured" and "Upgrade Package" and the result is the same, i make screens on a demo and show you in more details and also i want to show you dropdown menu for Location too.

( just give me 30 min )

Location dropdown menu

1 when i choose country marker works good, https://prnt.sc/kko6wh
    2 but if i choose any country for example : united states https://prnt.sc/kko8kr then State/Region/Province Not Working
    3. https://prnt.sc/kko9qu All other dropdown menus working good category menus and etc...

and Good news about Packages, I don't know what happened but now works perfect

+ Reply to Thread