+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Edit listings have problems with change plan and edit listings

Edit listings have problems with change plan and edit listings

Hello all and flynax team.
    Unfortunately, I found two major problems with Edit listings. You can check it with demo.

1. Edit a listing like a free listing and change plan to a paid one. For example to golden plan.
    Then click on Edit button. It goes to next step which is selecting gateway for payment.
    Without doing anything go back to previous step with clicking on "Go back" button.
    Then click on Edit button again.
    It saves your listing as gold plan without payment!

2. Suppose a package with 3 limits of use and you used all of them. Select a listing with this type of package plan.
    I mean select one of three. Then click on Edit button.
    First, you won't see the listing plan as selected.
    Second, it won't let you edit the listing without changing the plan.
    Last edited by Bahram Soltanirad; July 30, 2018 at 04:02 PM.

Hello Bahram,

1. Thank you for the info. This problem will be fixed in the next update

2. I couldn't reproduce it on demo as it works properly

Hello Rudi,

1. May we have solution now? beacuse it is a critical problem

2. Please try it again.
    suppose a multi-listing package and number of Listings limit is 2.
    Please create 2 listings from this type. Then you used all of limits.
    Now select one of them for edit.
    First, you won't see the listing plan as selected.
    Second, change something like description and try to save it. it won't let you update the listing without changing the plan.
    Last edited by Bahram Soltanirad; November 12, 2018 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudi View Post
    Hello Bahram,

1. Thank you for the info. This problem will be fixed in the next update

2. I couldn't reproduce it on demo as it works properly
    Hi Rudi,

For problem number 1, can I suggest that you remove the changing plan option in edit listing page? User can change it in manage my listing. I saw that letting user to change plan in edit listing has several issue, last time it blocked user from editing their listing if they used up the plan, even the duration still has many days left.

Quote Originally Posted by Wei Hong View Post
    Hi Rudi,

For problem number 1, can I suggest that you remove the changing plan option in edit listing page? User can change it in manage my listing. I saw that letting user to change plan in edit listing has several issue, last time it blocked user from editing their listing if they used up the plan, even the duration still has many days left.
    Hello Wei, if you mean Renew/Upgrade Package. Yes it is possible, but i do not agree. It confuses user.
    The solution is, when there is no payment in checkout step, it should roll back changing plan and also pictures and videos user added in new plan. Better to say, it should not save anything before payment.
    Last edited by Bahram Soltanirad; July 31, 2018 at 06:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bahram Soltanirad View Post
    Hello Wei, if you mean Renew/Upgrade Package. Yes it is possible, but i do not agree. It confuses user.
    The solution is, when there is no payment in checkout step, it should roll back changing plan and also pictures and videos user added in new plan. Better to say, it should not save anything before payment.
    I think it's clearer if user can edit what ever info like address, picture, etc on edit page except changing plan. Then if they wanna change plan they should use the Renew/Upgrade package and make payment if it required. It also eliminated lots of issues as well if it is this way.
    Last edited by Wei Hong; July 31, 2018 at 06:58 AM.

I think it's clearer if user can edit what ever info like address, picture, etc on edit page except changing plan. Then if they wanna change plan they should use the Renew/Upgrade package and make payment if it required.
    I am sure, Flynax find best solution for it. But let me honestly say something. I apologize Flynax for saying that.
    But it is terrible after version 4.6.2 there is still such critical problems in add or edit listings.
    I have not enabled membership plan yet, but i guess what i'm waiting for!
    Again, i apologize Flynax team and request an immediate solution for these problems specially first one which is totally critical.
    Last edited by Bahram Soltanirad; July 31, 2018 at 07:14 AM.

From what I see I rather have user change plan in change plan page only, and only edit in the edit page, with zero issue.
    Than having the feature to change plan in 2 places: edit page and change plan page, with several issues. I don't know if you have the issue that I had earlier, if user use up free plan (has more than 1 limited usages), user can't edit page. Rudi has instruct code to fix it. And now you report another issue with the same feature changing plan in edit page.

But that's me. May be you prefer to have 2 places to change plan, with potential errors.

But that's me. May be you prefer to have 2 places to change plan, with potential errors.
    It is not about me Wei, It is current flynax process.

Solution for problem 1 based on Wei's comment:

your_template_folder/controllers/edit_listing/step_form.tpl

Find:
    Code:
    Only registered members can view the code.
    Change to:
    Code:
    Find:
    Code:
    Change to:
    Code:
    Solution for problem 2:

your_template_folder/controllers/edit_listing/step_form.tpl

Find:

Code:
    Change to:

Code:
    Also for add listing
    your_template_folder/controllers/add_listing/step_single.tpl

Find:

Code:
    Change to:

Code:

Edit:

For problem 2 it shows selected plan correctly, but still if you try to change something like description and save changes, it does not allow and want you to change plan.
    Last edited by Bahram Soltanirad; July 31, 2018 at 08:01 AM.

Guys,

as it's not a quick solution (changing plan via edit form) I suggest hiding plan section on edit listing form for now
    and you can change plan via Renew/Upgrade Package option

and then we'll make the right decision regarding this issue for the future update

+ Reply to Thread