+ Reply to Thread

Thread: User IP Address Security Feature

Hybrid View

User IP Address Security Feature

Hi, I would like to recommend a very good admin security feature. If all users IP addresses could be logged, so that abusive users can be traced and banned according their IP address if they attempt to re-register.

hope that this will be released. it is much better explained here than what i said

It is very important feature for classifieds site! The administrator must know the IP from which the listing was added.
    Even without the possibility of blocking under every listing should be the IP address.

Thumbs Up for this.
    Last edited by Logmanov; October 7, 2020 at 07:58 PM.

Hello,

You can use AutoRegPrevent plugin which adds any IP to the list before registration/adding a listing and blocks them

Quote Originally Posted by Rudi View Post
    Hello,

You can use AutoRegPrevent plugin which adds any IP to the list before registration/adding a listing and blocks them
    Can we add a list of IP ranges rather than inputting one by one in the AutoRegPrevent? I have a list of blacklisted with 800+ IPs

Quote Originally Posted by Rudi View Post
    Hello,

Hello Rudi,
    I couldn't find the plugin called AutoRegPrevent.

I don't want to block any IP because many users has unstable IPs, I just want admin could see user's IP by which a listing was added, to exist adder's IP in the info of all listings.
    Last edited by Logmanov; October 9, 2020 at 09:38 PM.

you can execute the following sql request adding lines with your IP's:

Code:
    Only registered members can view the code.

If they register thru Facebook It don’t store ip
    Last edited by Peter Jonsson; October 8, 2020 at 01:13 PM.
    Classifieds Site: Annonssida
    Other Site: SEO

Guru
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

The exact plugin you are requesting does not exist.
    There are some workarounds as stated above.

Although it is an important plugin you are requesting; hopefully, they do not work on it as there are many current critical bugs in the existing plugins and core script.

+ Reply to Thread