+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: User IP Address Security Feature

User IP Address Security Feature

Hi, I would like to recommend a very good admin security feature. If all users IP addresses could be logged, so that abusive users can be traced and banned according their IP address if they attempt to re-register.

Re: User IP Address Security Feature

We definitely need IP address feature.

The classified software should be able to log the IP where the user signed up and all the IPs the user used to create listing. This is important especially for real estate and auto software because whenever someone committed a fraud, the police might want the website administrator to reveal the IP address of the fraudster. This happened before in my country where the law enforcement officer demanded the IP address of the fraudster from the webmaster.

The admin should be able to block the IP address in the event of spam.
    The admin also should be able to prevent certain email address normally used by spammers like the one we see in phpbb forum.

Hope Flynax could add this feature soon.

Thanks.

Re: User IP Address Security Feature

Is there any plan to add this IP log and IP blocking feature?

hope that this will be released. it is much better explained here than what i said

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    We definitely need IP address feature.

The classified software should be able to log the IP where the user signed up and all the IPs the user used to create listing. This is important especially for real estate and auto software because whenever someone committed a fraud, the police might want the website administrator to reveal the IP address of the fraudster. This happened before in my country where the law enforcement officer demanded the IP address of the fraudster from the webmaster.

The admin should be able to block the IP address in the event of spam.
    The admin also should be able to prevent certain email address normally used by spammers like the one we see in phpbb forum.

Hope Flynax could add this feature soon.

Thanks.

Old topic but still need!

Thumbs Up for this feature!

Guru
    The new pwa plugin logges the ip address.

Yes but not all uses PWA, think this should be standard to see what IP places the ad.
    Classifieds Site: Annonssida
    Other Site: SEO

It is very important feature for classifieds site! The administrator must know the IP from which the listing was added.
    Even without the possibility of blocking under every listing should be the IP address.

Thumbs Up for this.
    Last edited by Logmanov; October 7, 2020 at 07:58 PM.

Hello,

You can use AutoRegPrevent plugin which adds any IP to the list before registration/adding a listing and blocks them

Quote Originally Posted by Rudi View Post
    Hello,

You can use AutoRegPrevent plugin which adds any IP to the list before registration/adding a listing and blocks them
    Can we add a list of IP ranges rather than inputting one by one in the AutoRegPrevent? I have a list of blacklisted with 800+ IPs

+ Reply to Thread