+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any way to change title of saved search email to meta title instead?

Any way to change title of saved search email to meta title instead?

Dear Flynax Dev,

My listing show 2 price fields, one on title, and one as Price Tag. Reason is: I want to show price in price tag (need price field in BROWSE form), and in title of listing included in saved search email (need price field in TITLE form).
    Then all of my listings show 2 fields of the same price field, which is awkward
    So is there anyway I can change title of listing in saved search email to user to meta title that way I don't have to include price in TITLE form but BROWSE form only.

Thanks

Hello Wei,

Do you want to use 1 field price in browse form and in listing title form too?
    But in saved search want to use only in 1 place. Isn't' it?
    Viktor,
    Flynax technical department,
    Best wishes.

Guru
    Wei, I am not sure why you need price in your title form? anyway have you considered reversing your setup in regards removing price from your title form as it is already in browse forms etc, and if you want add price to your meta title, this way your title + price will appear all through any search options and or social media options such as exports to face book etc.

Only on your site itself it would not be shown in the title but it would be seen in all instances anyway because its in browse or the listing. this way your email title will be all ok as it takes from the title form only.

Hi Viktor and Pete,

Thank you two for your replies. I think I wasn't clear earlier.
    I did not use title text field and I set title form as Category, because most of the time user don't know what to put in for title, in my case the Category named: Room for rent. When user got email from saved search they got a list as below with the same title

Hello you got listings that match your criteria as following

Room for rent
    Room for rent
    Room for rent
    Room for rent
    Room for rent
    Room for rent
    Room for rent
    Which I think a bit awkward, so I decided to have the price so it looks like this

Room for rent, $500/month
    Room for rent, $470/month
    Room for rent, $700/month
    Room for rent, $900/month
    Room for rent, $350/month
    And that is when I got 2 prices in the same listing in listing list page/box or featured box, one on title form, and one on browse form. I thought it would be easier if I set saved search email to grab title of listing from META title instead of title, if so I can remove price from title and users can still have a better and more informative list when they got email from saved search

Hi I just jump back to this because I can't find any alternative. This is for saved search report email.
    When user receive notification email from saved search it's as following:

Room for rent
    Room for rent
    Room for rent
    Room for rent
    Room for rent
    Room for rent
    Room for rent
    How do I include price in the title of listing included in report email without having to add price in title form? Because I already have price in browse form, which it show with special markup design.

I'm sorry that I have to get back to this. Is there anyway if I can change the title that user see include in the saved search email sent to them, from title form -> to meta title set in category page?

Up for new day

Up for new week. Reason for this is that I want to include price in the saved search email to user, where it show a list of listings with title but no price.

Hu hu no one care about this?

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Hong View Post
    Hu hu no one care about this?
    Yes we care, ? did you try adding price to the title ? that should give you > room for rent $123 not sure why it is not doing that ? you might need to change back from using category thing you changed around from title then use title + $ options.?

this should be easy to create / make work so puzzled as to why its not working for you?

+ Reply to Thread