+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Listing Types and Category Boxes

Hybrid View

Listing Types and Category Boxes

Good day All,

I like the content box on the home page of the general classified template but it is little bit too much for my need. Is there a way for me to create a content box with the listing types with no categories?

Thanks

Kemoid

Hello,

If you need to hide categories and leave only listing type links you can apply a css style

go to your FTP > templates > your_template > css > style.css > find a row ".categories .sub_categories" (~4055) > add a property display: none:
    Code:
    Only registered members can view the code.
    or create a ticket if you need something different, it will be a customization
    Last edited by Rudi; July 6, 2018 at 03:10 AM.

Hello Rudi,

Which content box does this apply to? I wanted to create a new content box with just listing types in my last message. You explain how to do it but I don't know which content box this relates to. If it is the categories box, how can I display the categories content box so it shows both the Listing Types and the categories? Or if that can't be done, how about how to just create the content box with just listing types. This is so you can change to a different listing type on my site without having to go back to the homepage, and go through that process every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudi View Post
    Hello,

If you need to hide categories and leave only listing type links you can apply a css style

go to your FTP > templates > your_template > css > style.css > find a row ".categories .sub_categories" (~4055) > add a property display: none:
    Code:
    Only registered members can view the code.
    or create a ticket if you need something different, it will be a customization
    Thank you - Your Welcome
    Brian

Great this worked thanks for your quick reply. How do I add new listing type to this content box?

you should add a new listing type via Listings > Listing Types
    and at least one category because listing types don't work without categories

I already added a listing type buy instead of showing in that listing box it is showing in an individual content box.

I am just noticing that this content box is only visible on the homepage at the top. is there a way for this content box to be visible on other pages?

if you need technical support you'd better create a ticket

Attached is the screen shot of the category box along with the event type I created. I there anyway for me to get that category in the motors content box and is there any way for me to show the motors content box on any page I want? Can any one help me with this?

Categories.jpg

Hello Kemoid,

Try to use my solution. Open File: ftp://includes>>classes>>rlAllInOne.class.php find method: hookSimulateCatBlocks
    and below 1st line add: return;
    save and check again. Maybe it will help to you.
    Viktor,
    Flynax technical department,
    Best wishes.

+ Reply to Thread