+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Listings Export/Import

I've try to do it in your demo site. I receive the same errors. With exported file too.

Hi,
    I try to re-import a exported file and still gets the same error that the csv file is not compatible. I also tried a 1 row csv with all the right credentials but same error.
    Do you have a test file so I can see the structure of what the import will accepts?

//Morgan
    Free Advertising at Fyndklippet.se

I also try to convert a XML file to CSV but same error.

I can not post containing our letter with dots over.

//Morgan
    Last edited by Morgan Bohman; January 4, 2013 at 07:48 AM.

I've fix the problem for now with a bypass the file control.

If you want you can do it in the file plugins/export_import/admin/export_import.inc.php

search (around line 26):

if ( !in_array($_FILES['file']['type'], $allowed_types) )
    {
    $errors[] = $lang['eil_import_wrong_file_format'];
    }
    and replace with this :

/*
    if ( !in_array($_FILES['file']['type'], $allowed_types) )
    {
    $errors[] = $lang['eil_import_wrong_file_format'];
    }
    */

We waiting a right fixing :-)

exported file does not retain the regional language settings. any update to this addon?

Version 2.0.4 - Still messing up characters, have filed a ticket. The import is working great except that the price field wont show your currency signs in the listings, only the "number" and if the characters problem where solved, then we have a very nice and useful plugin. In fact, you could import a XML feed to Excel or Open Office, convert that to CSV or XLS.
    Forgot, the XLS import - you have to save the file into .xls not the 2010 format, someone forgot to insert the new ending :-)

//Morgan

Version 2.1.0 works with encoding! How to set the radio buttons, is it like 1,2, 3 or?

//Morgan

Got it, silly me: just type it! Ok only the currency sign left.
    Last edited by Morgan Bohman; March 25, 2013 at 07:17 AM.

The following plugin’s files missed:
    /plugins/export_import/reader/oleread.inc
    /plugins/export_import/reader/reader.php
    Please upload all files before plugin activation.

Version 2.1.0 after uninstallation due to never got pass the update check.

//Morgan

Status for the plugin so far, John has made a great job on this guys and we'll get there.

- XLS import works with foreign characters set, tested with Swedish language
    - URL extraction of images works, tested with Textalk shops (.SKV files exported as .XLS)
    - Field associations works, light red color if not associated with field (If duplicated listing fields exist, active or not active no text will be inserted)

Issues to iron out

- Price: currency symbol i.e. kr will not show up after amount, needs to be manually saved. I think this has something to do with currency converter plugin.
    - Category or ID: we use Default category where to insert the listing but if you select, within the xls file, Category or ID, then you could assign to a sub category: Is it meant to create a sub category under Category so what about the default category? I.e. Default category Cars, category from xls Skoda and sub category Model.
    - When running more than 2 imports per ajax request, there's a chance that it will doubles, happens once for me. Depending on server I guess.

- Only .jpg get fetched from image url FIXED!
    Thanks again John, this plugin will open a lot of opportunities for us.

//Morgan
    Last edited by Morgan Bohman; March 29, 2013 at 06:56 AM. Reason: regexp fixed for images

Ok, the plugin is somewhat up to date and the following things remains:

- Currency field from currency converter plugin is still missing, i.e. if you want to import listings with different currency like EUR instead of USD
    - Category creation: haven't still got any answer is this was the meaning or not but in my sentence, this is a must as you want to import listings in to categories not yet created. Well you could of course create the categories before hand but this is double doings.
    - The BR tag from hard enter is visible in listings.

Otherwise it is working really good, thanks John!

Happy Easter every Flynax user and Flynax Team!

//Morgan

+ Reply to Thread