+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Listings Export/Import

Quote Originally Posted by Ang Jo jit View Post
    Hi,
    I just installed this plugin and have some queries. Can this plugin feature be made available to user accounts? Eg. such that they can upload their own multiple listings?
    I was thinking the same, then i started to think would the user do it right, would they figure it out correctly if they had no experience doing it. I think i would prefer the user to send me the file and i do it myself.

Not everyone will agree with me i presume so maybe the option to choose which accounts types can use this feature will be a good idea

Also i dont know if anyone has tested the import but i have found that if the price in CSV is 3,000 it comes out as 3, but if written in csv as 3000 it works fine (did have the GBP currency sign but forum wouldnt let me post it for some reason)

Also noticed it doesnt seem to upload the fields that are connected to the data entries
    Last edited by Chris Brown; August 29, 2012 at 06:24 PM.

I am thinking the same as there are some issues with UTF 8 formats and swedish letters. If the user uploads a bunch of listings with weird looking characters, then you have a job clearing listings so it is better that the sysop is doing the work.
    Free Advertising at Fyndklippet.se

will pre-populated dropdown fields in an excel or csv file work for the import? for those fields that are fixed, maybe a template can be created and the users just select from the dropdown menus. this way, all important fields will be filled with a value, regardless of whether user chooses correct or incorrect value. then the plugin will probably be safe to be made available to them through their user accounts. what do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Brown View Post
    I was thinking the same, then i started to think would the user do it right, would they figure it out correctly if they had no experience doing it. I think i would prefer the user to send me the file and i do it myself.

Not everyone will agree with me i presume so maybe the option to choose which accounts types can use this feature will be a good idea

Also i dont know if anyone has tested the import but i have found that if the price in CSV is 3,000 it comes out as 3, but if written in csv as 3000 it works fine (did have the GBP currency sign but forum wouldnt let me post it for some reason)

Also noticed it doesnt seem to upload the fields that are connected to the data entries

the price in CSV is 3,000 it comes out as 3, but if written in csv as 3000 it works fine
    If you use "," as delimiter then you may have an issue, try ";"

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Bohman View Post
    If you use "," as delimiter then you may have an issue, try ";"
    It could work, but what i did originally to test was export a few listings and the price on the csv was lets say 3,000 then i then re-imported that same file back onto the website but the price came out as 3

It could work, but what i did originally to test was export a few listings and the price on the csv was lets say 3,000 then i then re-imported that same file back onto the website but the price came out as 3
    So Chris, what you are saying is that this function should have a choice of delimiter when exporting/importing. Or there's a comma error n the script. Wonder what happens if you in general set up, set the separation to "." instead of ","? Just for trying. I'm still lurking around the web to see how the...I can change Excel to UTF 8 instead of western language set up. Remember from 3.2 that I had a lot of problems to set up a coding so that the classified software could read it back with out a lot of BOM and crap. (Sometimes I think the world will be a hell of a lot easier to live in if we all spoke english)

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Bohman View Post
    So Chris, what you are saying is that this function should have a choice of delimiter when exporting/importing. Or there's a comma error n the script. Wonder what happens if you in general set up, set the separation to "." instead of ","? Just for trying. I'm still lurking around the web to see how the...I can change Excel to UTF 8 instead of western language set up. Remember from 3.2 that I had a lot of problems to set up a coding so that the classified software could read it back with out a lot of BOM and crap. (Sometimes I think the world will be a hell of a lot easier to live in if we all spoke english)
    I am not sure, in the Uk we write prices as 3,000 which will cause a problem with the comma, but in other countries i think it may be written as 3.000. I could do with uploading a genuine dealers csv and to see how they write it in csv format, in theory it should be 3000. Anyways flynax are on their hols till monday so got a few days to give it a proper test

Maybe the issue is with the export not removing the comma from the price
    Last edited by Chris Brown; August 30, 2012 at 05:54 AM.

what about multilanguage sites? from what i have sean, will export just 1 language and i assume will import just 1 as well? how do we do it if we want to upload in both languages same ads?

utf-8 seems to not be suported in xls. exported one of my categories in wich i have text with regional settings and the words are cut off... anyone else has this issue? comma separated seems to be ok

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Hello Folks,
    "Two weeks" was wrong deadline It took us more then I expected, sorry.

You are right Chris, almost the same but with new layout, new program core, ajax tricks and a few new features.

Yes, now it works including pictures supporting csv and excel files.

Feel free to post your opinion about new plugin version here.

John
    Hello John. Thanks for this plugin. Useful for users with many ads

i do have some questions/remarks where i would like some responses if posible:

1. exported xls file is not working with regional fonts. where i have romanian letters, the words are cut of.
    example: instead of
    Ofer garanție personală
    i get
    Ofer garan
    2. if i export as csv, i get complete word but instead of romanian characters i get strange characters. in admin they show fine and they upload fine but this has itself a problem. if i do not have a ad inside a subcategory with romanian characters there is no way of knowing how the name of the category realy is (with those strange characters)
    example: instead of
    Ofer garanție personală
    i get [QUOTE]Ofer garanţie personal
    Last edited by Petrache Nicolae; October 12, 2012 at 09:33 AM.

+ Reply to Thread