+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Listing Types / Categories in custom page

Listing Types / Categories in custom page

Hello,

I would like to know how to put the listing types and categories shown on the homepage into a custom page? I believe I need to create a new system page type, but I forgot the code to put into it to display the listing types and categories like on the flynax demo page. I will have a link in my top navigation bar that says categories, and I want to link that to the category page, and use my homepage for other content. I will also have links in my top navigation bar for other categories that I want to link to, can you tell me how to do those pages as well?

Thank you
    Brian

Hello,

it's not necessary to create a custom box to display categories on other pages

you should go to Listings > Listing Types > your type > Edit > Additional Category Box > Show box on > select your page

Also if you want to show all listing types with categories on an additional page with full content you can create a static page and put the box with categories to this new page.
    Viktor,
    Flynax technical department,
    Best wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudi View Post
    Hello,

it's not necessary to create a custom box to display categories on other pages

you should go to Listings > Listing Types > your type > Edit > Additional Category Box > Show box on > select your page
    Do I create a static page for the categories?

Edit: Sorry Rudi, Didn't read all the way down to see Viktors post.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Viktor View Post
    Also if you want to show all listing types with categories on an additional page with full content you can create a static page and put the box with categories to this new page.
    Thank you

That answered my question Viktor!

+ Reply to Thread