+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Category Imp/Exp plugin questions...

thanks.
    Perhaps you could tell me where to get the instructions for configuring plugins and Flynax itself ? I only have this file Flynax-Software-Manual-4.1.0-Rev. 02. I would try to figure it out myself.

I tried importing and it says I can't import category names ending with a number. It has to end with a letter. Is there any way around this? Most airplane models are a number and it's how customers search for them. Example: Most will search for 182 and not Skylane.

Unfortunately, it's not possible because the script identifies numbers at the end as listing id

so you should specify a path name (3rd column) like this: s182 or skylane182

but use the name of the category (first column) as it is: 182

ex. https://classifieds.demoflynax.com/p...ic/example.png

It's strange because when I entered the categories manually, I used numbers for the models. Here's a couple of screenshots.

My import file.
    Last edited by Douglas Moore; July 25, 2023 at 11:03 AM.

Okay, I believe I have this figured out.

1. You can type what you want in the first column. In the third column, you have to end in a letter. Not like I have in the screenshot above (c172) but (172c). It doesn't matter if it doesn't make sense. Nobody will see the path of your models anyway. Only the Name.

2. When importing, only upload new categories. If you upload the whole thing, you'll have duplicates of what was online already. So check it over carefully before uploading. Easiest way is to export, copy the header to a new excel file, add the new categories to the new file and import that and you won't have to spend an hour or two deleting later. Then export and save the whole thing offline and you'll have it as a backup.

Does this make sense?

+ Reply to Thread