+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Move "Auto approval of listings" to Listing Packages

Move "Auto approval of listings" to Listing Packages

I recommend moving Auto approval of listings and Auto approval of edited listings from AP / Basic settings / Listings to AP / Monetization / Listing packages.

Admin, can decide about auto approval of listings for Free and any Featured listing packages separately.
    Also a new field for admin to define an interval time to approve a listing is useful.

For example:

Free listings need admin approval and will be active immediately (or after a few minutes) after approval.
    Bronze listings do not need admin approval but will be active after 3 hours.
    Silver listings do not need admin approval but will be active after 6 hours.
    Gold listings do not need admin approval but will be active immediately.
    All these for encourage users to use featured listings.

Hello Bahram,

Would you please explain to me why do you want to wait 3 or 6 hours for activating listings by the system? What do you want to do by this time? Why should users wait this time?
    Viktor,
    Flynax technical department,
    Best wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Viktor View Post
    Hello Bahram,

Would you please explain to me why do you want to wait 3 or 6 hours for activating listings by the system? What do you want to do by this time? Why should users wait this time?
    You know, Basically, waiting is very hard! ...actually, you right, it has just a psychological effect
    But it seems you agree with moving item from AP / Basic settings / Listings to AP / Monetization / Listing packages.

I have created the task on our dashboard for moving this setting. We will discuss with our developers about it a bit later.
    Viktor,
    Flynax technical department,
    Best wishes.

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahram Soltanirad View Post
    I recommend moving Auto approval of listings and Auto approval of edited listings from AP / Basic settings / Listings to AP / Monetization / Listing packages.

Admin, can decide about auto approval of listings for Free and any Featured listing packages separately.
    Also a new field for admin to define an interval time to approve a listing is useful.

For example:

Free listings need admin approval and will be active immediately (or after a few minutes) after approval.
    Bronze listings do not need admin approval but will be active after 3 hours.
    Silver listings do not need admin approval but will be active after 6 hours.
    Gold listings do not need admin approval but will be active immediately.
    All these for encourage users to use featured listings.
    Although on the surface this looks fine ? I do not see it as a workable / good option.

having a listing posted / pass scrutiny of approval based on a featured listing is / probably would only create paid ads that people can bypass scrutiny, you either check ads or you do not type thing, not put a price on it ? and what happens if report listings shuts the ad down ? do we refund the money ? I may be wrong.

Delaying any such release of the ad is a mere futile thing in that in the scheme of things I think it would only serve to complicate and pizz people off, again I might be wrong / again.

Hello Pete, Thank you for your consultation.

having a listing posted / pass scrutiny of approval based on a featured listing is / probably would only create paid ads that people can bypass scrutiny, you either check ads or you do not type thing, not put a price on it ?
    Pete, We have not created our website to please God. We have made it to earn money.
    So, we should think about all ways to earn more money.
    The main recommend is moving Auto approval of listings from AP / Basic settings / Listings to AP / Monetization / Listing packages.
    and i think, it is totally reasonable.
    Users should feel and touch the differences between Free and Paid listings.
    Unfortunately, it seems that Flynax has concerned a little attention to it
    Imagine if user add a Free listing, and it appears on the site after admin review, let's suppose , it takes 24-48 hours.
    So when the listing appears on the site, it probably is in the 3rd/4th page of listings.

and what happens if report listings shuts the ad down ? do we refund the money ? I may be wrong.
    This is totally a different thing and not related to the subject.

Delaying any such release of the ad is a mere futile thing in that in the scheme of things I think it would only serve to complicate and pizz people off
    It is an option for us. We can use it or not. But i think it is useful option for those sites which have medium or lot of visitors daily.
    Last edited by Bahram Soltanirad; June 5, 2018 at 02:28 PM.

Guru
    Bahram / Yes I can see both sides and appreciate your help here, I also think it is great to explore different ideas and views, so please take my reply just as an alternate view point with no wrongs or rights.

In reply >
    Pete, We have not created our website to please God. We have made it to earn money.
    that is why I have chosen not to have any free listings as such, you will pay to list on the site or move on and add your listing to a free site, so we can agree on that 100% (I will have a free trial only).

Users should feel and touch the differences between Free and Paid listings / So when the listing appears on the site, it probably is in the 3rd/4th page of listings
    with the use of regular listings and featured listings, regardless of review time they experience this with featured listings showing above regular listing, so by making regular free and featured paid you would achieve this affect.

I suppose the big question / s I have with it is, In the scheme of things does delaying the release of a listing play a big part in the overall picture, and by that a listing could be live for weeks / months before a sale / promotional event etc & in that where does a few minutes count ?, secondly I see no major classified site playing by these rules or doing this now or even in the past? (may be wrong)

I understand the make money part, but I think (and I may be wrong) that the pizzed offness with the customer will far outway them seeing a benifit in paying more not to get pizzed off?

On the flip side you may be totally right, and you idea a winner, either way it is a good discussion to have maybe there are other good ideas to make money. I will post one I have had shortly.

Guru
    Bahram, one idea I have had and I think mentioned here before is the ability to make listing fields dependant on the featured / non featured option. as an example if there was a listing field to add a url to your site from the listing, this could be applied to featured ads but not to regular ads.

this concept is current in gumtree etc.

Hello Pete,

with the use of regular listings and featured listings, regardless of review time they experience this with featured listings showing above regular listing, so by making regular free and featured paid you would achieve this affect.
    Yes, it's true except than Recently added page and box.

I suppose the big question / s I have with it is, In the scheme of things does delaying the release of a listing play a big part in the overall picture, and by that a listing could be live for weeks / months before a sale / promotional event etc & in that where does a few minutes count ?
    The users who are using Free listings have a high interest to add repeatedly listings, because it is free and every time they add a Free listing, it comes to top of page.
    So, this delay is a good chance to investigate and remove repeated ads by one user. I know it's difficult but can be done.
    Also it is a good time to filter and remove illegal listings based on your rules.
    As i said before, Auto approval of listings should be separate for Free and Paid listings.
    I am not trying to defend of this feature.

secondly I see no major classified site playing by these rules or doing this now or even in the past? (may be wrong)
    I understand the make money part, but I think (and I may be wrong) that the pizzed offness with the customer will far outway them seeing a benifit in paying more not to get pizzed off?
    You know, it is a little depends on different cultures. In my country, people prefer to add Free listings even repeatedly.
    They don't pay for ads, unless they see advantages of Paid listings are much more than Free ones.
    Divar.ir is one of my major competitors is using delay for approval of Free listings.

as an example if there was a listing field to add a url to your site from the listing, this could be applied to featured ads but not to regular ads.
    Yes, it is an old trick to encourage people for paid listings. But how about CKEditor link attribute. you have to turn it off for Free listings.
    I had these thoughts a few months ago, but i changed my mind.
    Now, I think all facilities like this, should be available for all type of listings.
    Because, 1. implementation is a trouble. 2. people always find ways to bypass the limitations 3. people simply moves to other sites.
    But instead, they should believe that, their paid listings have much more visitors respect to Free listings.
    And i think, this is the major key.
    Last edited by Bahram Soltanirad; June 6, 2018 at 11:42 AM.

Guru
    all fair points

+ Reply to Thread