+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question for Country setup reg and search

Lightbulb Question for Country setup reg and search

In the country i work. I want to add 4-5 steps for country and cites. But i feel it is very much to ask users when signing up. And i need this because of the option to choose the search widens. Is there a way to make this simple.

I have 1 country only in that country are regions, in those region are municipalities and in the municipalities come cities.

If i use Multi-field plugin. And under registration and listing publishing can i chose not to add the country (since there is only one) and skip option until the city part?
    Will the listings and account automatic be added to the above fields (like region and municipality and country?) if i only chose to show the last field "City" in sign up, publish listing and view account and listing, will it work?

Hello Fadil,

if you have only one country and don't need to use this level the simplest way is to create a new multi-field entry and import only its locations without the country:
    your new entry > Manage > Import Data > World Locations Database5 > Select items to be imported > select your country > import (without checking 'Include the parent item')

but other levels can't be skipped because the system doesn't know what cities to load when municipality and region are not selected
    in this case you'd better store all cities in one dropdown field

or you can use Location Finder that synchronizes set location on the map with multi-fields,
    for that you should map fields properly in Common > Basic Settings > Location Finder > Geo Mapping

In that was users can not choose the whole country or one region to search at. Because i was thinking on only going for cities. But that would work if users could checkmark more cites in the multi-field location add.

For i am using cities in 3 places. Listing add, account add and where your work area is. In the third if someone want to add a region it should be available for them.

Some fields like city should be able to be dropdown select upon sign up and turn into list checkmark under search. So people can select some more cities to show ads from. The multifield is good with select option. But it misses the multiselect option with checkmarks

If you need to apply multi-selection to your location fields for searching listings by several cities it can be done only as a customization

+ Reply to Thread