+ Reply to Thread

Thread: You've exceeded the limit of Google Maps Geocoding requests

Guru

You've exceeded the limit of Google Maps Geocoding requests

The "Google Browser Key" or "Google Server Key" value is missing in Basic Settings. Please check Google API Keys
    You've exceeded the limit of Google Maps Geocoding requests; you may find an instruction here.
    ? I do not even use giggle maps etc ? so why am I seeing these alerts going off in the admin panel ? should I need to be using / doing something ?

Hello,

It means that you should create api keys for your site, you can use this guide: http://forum.flynax.com/showthread.p...th-google-maps

or run this mysql request in 'Database' tab:
    Code:
    Only registered members can view the code.

Guru
    ? ok but i do not use giggle maps, it makes me wonder how i can exceed such high limits or need to set keys for something i do not use?

Hello Pete,

The system is using google functional when you create or edit listing anymore. If you want we can deactivate google functions from all your site totally. But you need to create a new ticket with the request.
    Viktor,
    Flynax technical department,
    Best wishes.

Guru
    ? If it is not doing any damage I will just leave it ? happy to run the mysql request but never done it before so not sure how to do that, is there a guide ? video ?

Standard Usage Limits
    Users of the standard API:

2,500 free requests per day, calculated as the sum of client-side and server-side queries.
    50 requests per second, calculated as the sum of client-side and server-side queries.
    for someone who does not even have maps turned on I now out of the blue start using 2,500 requests per day, that simply does not even seem possible even if i was using it, now they want me to pay to upgrade so I can use more of what I am not even using in the first place. ? does everyone in flynax have this problem ?

and why are the there not proper documented easy to use instructions instead of half baked last minute forum posts ? to half fix things.
    Last edited by Pete Young; April 2, 2018 at 10:42 AM.

Disabling map services will require modifications and cost you extra but you can generate api keys following guide below
    and it will be ok

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudi View Post
    Hello,

It means that you should create api keys for your site, you can use this guide: http://forum.flynax.com/showthread.p...th-google-maps

or run this mysql request in 'Database' tab:
    Code:
    Only registered members can view the code.
    Rudi In regards the geo code I was able to (by mistake) find a sort of guide of how to use this as I have never done this before, and your data base update did fix the error, thank you.

+ Reply to Thread