+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Category Import/Export Plugin Question

Question Category Import/Export Plugin Question

Hello Guys

So we have been using the category import tool to update our For Sale section in the categories list and came across an issue yesterday where if you just export the file update it then import it again it will show duplicate categories/entries

Now we tried this again only this time we deleted the For Sale section from admin panel and then created a new updated file which uploaded ok, however when you tried to post an ad these new categories would not show up at all on either the home page or in the posting an ad stage.

Later once we checked the categories in admin panel again the full For Sale section of categories where showing as N/A and not the names that we imported, so what we need to know now is this, see below.

1, Once you have updated your file to import what is the correct process to do this?
    2, Do you have to delete the section that you are updating first from admin panel?
    3, Once you update these categories do you need to then change the listing plans?
    4, Are there any videos on this?

We only want to update the For Sale section only from the default script since every other category seems ok to use at the moment, we have made this updated file up of the categories we wish to use just in case the Dev's need to see it that it's correct.

Thanks
    David
    Last edited by David Mundle; March 14, 2018 at 06:20 PM.

Can anyone point me in the right direction on this matter or show me how it's done since i have the file fully formatted for import again with the new updated categories?

Thanks
    David

Hello,

the plugin has no such feature to upload only new categories and ignore existing ones

you need to remove them from your xls file and upload only new categories

when you upload new categories to some listing type, first you need to go to Common > Refresh > run "Rearrange category levels" & "Update system cache"

then if the categories in your plans are not selected as 'Sticky' you should enable your new categories individually

also if you import your categories to a new listing type you should build listing forms for Primary or parent category

Hi Rudi

Thanks your reply regarding this matter i just want to be clear on this so i understand you correctly and so you understand me correctly also.

I am only updating the For Sale section of categories from the default script since the other in the script seem ok to use so we only exported the For Sale section of categories using the import/export plugin is this correct as step1?

We have now completed the file with only new categories for the For Sale section to be imported back in the plugins format as stated in admin panel so we just import the file back using the plugin, then follow your steps?

Once we have exported the xls file from admin do we need to delete the For Sale section of categories before we import the new xls file with update categories list first?

Here is a image of some of the categories we are loading, you can check that the format looks correct, 2018-03-15_0903.jpg

Thanks
    David

Do you have to make up the full file of categories or just create the one section like For Sale categories section?

Thanks
    David

If i provide the file with the updated categories list for the For Sale section can anyone import this to ensure that it works correctly?

Thanks

Hello Guys

Sorry for the persistent message regarding this matter but i really need a clear instruction on how to import these new categories via the categories import tool.

Can someone please explain the steps on how i do this correctly from start to finish, this will include weather i need to delete any categories first that i intend to replace and where you delete these from.

Thanks
    David

Sorted it now guys thanks..........

+ Reply to Thread