+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Follow Page / No Follow Links ? How

Guru

Follow Page / No Follow Links ? How

I may be on the wrong train ? but you can set a page to follow or no follow, for example our listings pages, mine are set to follow, so they end up in giggle, but on those pages people can place links (if set that way back to their products / events etc) but how do i set the links to no follow ?

or am i missing something / a setting already there somewhere ?

how do i set the links to no follow ?
    Hello Pete, good question.
    Yes, you can do it with some changes in ckeditor.js file.
    Go to /libs/ckeditor/ckeditor.js , and add below code at the end of the file and before }());
    Code:
    Only registered members can view the code.
    It adds nofollow attribute to all user links.

Guru
    ok brilliant, thank you Bahram.

I asked because of this that I read,
    a paid listing SHOULD be no followed; otherwise, it is violating Google Webmaster rules and you could be penalized for buying a link.
    and i am roughly guessing that would apply to all paid classifieds ? may be wrong but will apply the code anyway, thank you again.

Pete

Guru
    Hello Bahram, I have applied this update and guessing everything is OK, is there a test of sorts to see if these links are now no follow. also attached is a screen shot of the update to see if looks OK but seems right based on the destruction's.

Edit: you can right click and see the no follow attribute applied to the links so all looks good, thanks again.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Pete Young; March 23, 2018 at 03:29 AM.

Doesnt work for me :/

+ Reply to Thread