I've got the realty version of the software and am trying to configure it to a non-US market. With that in mind, I had to remove the stock categories (all the states). I replaced these with a much simpler categorization: 1) Residential, 2) Commercial, 3) Land

Here's the summary of what I've done so far

-Listing type - Property
-Categories created - Residential (Flats and Houses as subcategories), Commercial (Offices and Shops as subcategories), Land
-Submit forms have been created
-Search forms have been created
-Search settings have been enabled for home page
-Category multiselection (with a value of 3) has been input

The home page search capability, however, does not enable the user to select the category they are interested in (see screenshot 1) They cannot therefore choose between commercial and residential property.

After that, I, of course, tried to add the category option to the search forms for buy and rent (the 2 search forms showing up on the home screen) however, there was no option to add category to the search form (see screen shot 2)

Please advise on how to go about fixing this. It is definitely possible, because if you look at the relevant search field on any of the demos, all of them have a 'search field' that directly correlates to the relevant category list. These search fields have the 'dropdown list' attribute and cannot be modified in any way: E.g. http://realty.demoflynax.com/admin/i...ld=Category_ID

How do I go about creating such a field?

Any help will be much appreciated. I'm pulling my hair out over here and seem to have tried everything to no success.

Thanks,

HemalScreen Shot 1.jpgScreen Shot 2.jpg

ps - I have read over the manuals more than once and I don't think I've missed anything.