+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Select Menu Issue...

Select Menu Issue...

Hello,

::: ALMOST RESOLVED PLEASE SEE UPDATED MESSAGE :::

Can someone help me resolve this issue...I accidentally changed something in the css, most like in the horizontal-search area, but could be somewhere else that made the select menu look incorrect. Ex: NOT like your demo.

When I click on the select menu the drop down shows but the box class (.box) is not aligned correctly under the select menu, it is positioned over to the right too far. Here is a screen shot: https://ibb.co/gxvz8S

The change was UN-intentional, I wasn't trying to change that, it was inadvertently changed. It should start from under the Any Category text to the end. Some how I repositioned the .box (box class) but I am not seeing the mistake.

Can you help me resolve?

UPDATED MESSAGE:

After re copying / pasting the home_content.tpl into my header it fixed the originating issue above, BUT if I remove the
    Code:
    Only registered members can view the code.
    tag from the code in the home_content.tpl page near the top, my div will stretch across the page where I like it, but if I do that, that is when the above issue comes into play. So if I keep the point1 div, will I still be able to adjust the width in the css for point1 div? I would like the Input Search Box and Categories boxes to be wider, not the whole with but about the same with as what it was without the point1 div. Can that still be possible without the alignment issue as above, or is there another trick to do so? I have not yet tried it, but I will do that next and post back in a few minutes, I just want to know if what I am saying makes sense or is there a better way to do it?

UPDATED MESSAGE #2

Regarding this, I am going to settle for keeping the <div class="point1"> in place, (not removing it) as I figured I can accept that over having to go through the headache of trying to fix that while likely to cause lots of other issues.

UPDATED MESSAGE #3

WHOOPS! I just went to the search-on-map.html page and realized that the width of the search bar and category select menu is just how I had it without the point1 div (on the homepage) before I restored (larger width), (I never touched the search-on-map template either) -- SO NOW THE QUESTION IS...Is it possible to work that one out? We shall see later...I have work in the morning.

Thank you
    Brian
    Last edited by Brian Jester; March 8, 2018 at 03:30 AM.

Hello,

I need your site online to check the problem

or try to merge your customized css file with the original one and find out where you could make a mistake

Hello Rudi,

Thanks for that! I was thinking of just backing up my header, and replacing the style.css...I have taken note on all my major changes, so it shouldn't be that bad getting back to where I left off. Hopefully.

+ Reply to Thread