+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The correct way to reinstall a backup plugin ?

Is there an automated way to restore old plugin data, or is this still the way to go?

Update: I have tried to restore using the following sample, but having trouble. There are no problems in the database, just that the plugin (old one) is not showing up in the admin panel under plugins.

I need my old FAQ plugin installed and also the category filter plugin I paid for to install.

Can someone help me get those two? I will put both old plugins in the install folder on my server.

I just uploaded both plugins in the plugins folder, and they are the older versions.
    Last edited by Brian Jester; October 14, 2020 at 02:55 PM.
    Thank you - Your Welcome
    Brian

Hello Brian,

The latest FAQ plugin version is 1.1.2 , and for the filter plugin the latest version is 2.7.4, if you cant see in the backend (Admin Panel), you can redownload them from the download area.

What is exactly your issue with those 2 plugins ? maybe i can help you because i'm using them both and everything is working as expected.

regards,

From my view, but I may be wrong, your code is substantially modified from the original Flynax code.

I suggest you hire a developer experienced in Flynax script to guide you in finding solutions to the various issues you are facing.

When I started 15 years ago, I also wanted many, many modifications; however, I learned it is not for the best, unless you hire a developer.

Hello Amir,

The problem is that when I open the admin panel -> plugins, the page opens, but the list of plugins is empty, and then if I go to search for Active Plugins, it shows the list, but the faq and category filter plugins (although installed - manually uploaded to plugins folder on my server) they are not on the list of active plugins. Do I have to re-install fresh, then copy the old files back, and if so, what should I do if I still don't see the plugins in the active list? The two plugins are also not showing in the Inactive list or To be installed list either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amir Khalid View Post
    Hello Brian,

The latest FAQ plugin version is 1.1.2 , and for the filter plugin the latest version is 2.7.4, if you cant see in the backend (Admin Panel), you can redownload them from the download area.

What is exactly your issue with those 2 plugins ? maybe i can help you because i'm using them both and everything is working as expected.

regards,
    Thank you - Your Welcome
    Brian

Are there two pages of plugins or just one?

Joe,

I never touched the plugins, I only touched the css, and very little did I touch the templates.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Can View Post
    From my view, but I may be wrong, your code is substantially modified from the original Flynax code.

I suggest you hire a developer experienced in Flynax script to guide you in finding solutions to the various issues you are facing.

When I started 15 years ago, I also wanted many, many modifications; however, I learned it is not for the best, unless you hire a developer.
    Thank you - Your Welcome
    Brian

I only see one page of plugins.

Brian
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Can View Post
    Are there two pages of plugins or just one?
    Thank you - Your Welcome
    Brian

The problem is that they cannot be set to active, and they are not listed as inactive either.

Quote Originally Posted by Amir Khalid View Post
    Hello Brian,

regards,
    Thank you - Your Welcome
    Brian

+ Reply to Thread