+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The correct way to reinstall a backup plugin ?

Guru

The correct way to reinstall a backup plugin ?

I need to reinstall the saved backup plugin (report listings) what is the correct procedure for doing thing this ?

i know from help the backup is a zip file, but do i just go in and unzip t plugins ? do i delete the existing one first, do i pause ? and every other question I need to know i suppose to do this correctly, ? does flynax have anywhere a guide on this ?

Pete

Hello Pete,

Would you please explain to us what is wrong with the new version of the plugin?

Simply you need to remove existing plugin and remove folder with the plugin from plugins folder, Then unzip backup from the backup folder and upload to plugin folder and then install.

Also, exist 1 question: did you customize the plugin? Changed something in hooks or phrases or something else?
    Last edited by Viktor; February 23, 2018 at 05:23 AM.
    Viktor,
    Flynax technical department,
    Best wishes.

Hello Pete Young,

At the moment you can roll back your backup plugin in the following way:
    - go to your ftp > plugins and remove your plugin folder
    - unzip your backup file with the plugin into 'plugins' derictory
    - then go to mysql database manager using cPanel
    - run this sql request:
    Code:
    Only registered members can view the code.
    Where <your_plugin_name> is the name of your plugin derictory

- then go to your plugin derictory > open a file "install.xml" > find a tag <hooks> with a hooks list , see screenshot
    - now compare hooks from database with the hooks in install.xml by the name and its content:

if some hook from xml file is missed in database you should copy a code from <hook> tag and insert it into 'hooks' table like this:
    Code:
    Only registered members can view the code.
    if hook names are the same but their 'Code' are different edit the row of this hook and insert content from xml file

In the future, we'll facilitate the process of reinstalling older versions of plugins by making it automatic

hooks.jpg

Guru
    Viktor, from what I can see there is nothing wrong with the new version of the plugin, but i had to upgrade the http://forum.flynax.com/showthread.p...ting#post21576

* Hello Pete,
    I've looked into your problem and found that you use php version 5.3 which is not supported many features used in the plugin and script
    upgrade it at least to 5.6 and it should solve the problem*
    This has now caused the mobile version of my site, to where nobody can log in, the pages drop down will not work, half of the buttons will not work, most of the images are now not showing.

Others users can not select categories even using a lap top, and basicly the whole site seems to have collapsed.

I can at this stage think of no other reason why all of this go down at once, so my best bet is to return to php 5.3 and reverse the plugin upgrade ?

to many people starting to complain see below so i need to do something.

-------------

Having trouble listing items. When I select Audio Visual on the menu the "next" button remains greyed out and I can't progress from there!
    Drop down bar is still not working !!! Do you know how to fix.Gary
    The drop down button top right of the page that allows me to get to my listings doesn't appear to be working. I've tried on laptop and mobile and i cant seem to get it to work :/
    Last edited by Pete Young; February 23, 2018 at 09:06 AM.

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudi View Post
    Hello Pete Young,
    ? Um Rudi I am not sure how to do all of that sorry ? this should not be that hard one would hope ?

Guru
    OK guys major problems now with this site, this is not good, pictures are not working buttons not working everything now seems in meltdown I have reverted back to 5.3 and everything seems to be going from bad to worse ?

Who do I need to contact to look at this now and what is required ? I have paused the report listing option and rolled back to 5.3
    Last edited by Pete Young; February 23, 2018 at 10:40 PM.

Hello Pete,

I have solved the problem on your site. Error was in lib.js file not in the plugin. Please check your site again.
    Viktor,
    Best wishes.

Guru
    Hello Viktor I seen this was now working / when you say jb file ? i have not touched one ?

anyway can I re activate the plugin and set the php to 5.6 as well ?

regards Pete

PS Thank You

Hello Pete,

Yes somebody touched the lib.js file in your template. But now all ok
    Viktor,
    Best wishes.

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Viktor View Post
    Hello Pete,

Yes somebody touched the lib.js file in your template. But now all ok
    http://forum.flynax.com/showthread.p...g-contact-form

That was me that changed that file, so it was my error I was fixing the send message to owner ? I am guessing I made an error ? I did test to see if all was working but I must have messed it up in some way ?

thank you again Viktor, I will take a copy of the new file in case i need to fix this again, I am not sure why I needed to re do it as I did have it fixed ? anyway all is good now.

+ Reply to Thread