+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Add Custom Search Form

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    154

    Cool Add Custom Search Form

    Hello Everybody!

    Does anyone know how to add a custom form to a page? example: "Recently Added"

    Thank You

  2. #2
    Hello Ed,

    You cannot do it with default functional. If you want it we can create it as a customization for you.
    Viktor,
    Flynax technical department,
    Best wishes.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    154
    Hi Viktor!

    I thought it was easy to do this, I thought I could add a form through the "Search Form Manager" see the attached image

    search-form-manager.jpg

    Thank You!

  4. #4
    Flynax developer Rudi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    975
    Unfortunately, not

    By default, all search forms are used on listings pages only

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    154
    Hello Rudi and Viktor,

    Now I get it.

    Thank you for your attention

    Good weekend for everyone!
    Last edited by Ed; February 15, 2018 at 07:09 AM.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudi View Post
    Unfortunately, not

    By default, all search forms are used on listings pages only

    Does this mean that all search forms are only shown where ever there are listings (ex: category pages)? I wanted to add a form on the listing type pages.

    I currently own the filter plugin, but have not tested this functionality with the filter plugin, but will that allow filters on the listing type pages?

    Brian

  7. #7
    Hello Brian,

    Yes, the Category Filter plugin will show on listing type page. Please try to use it.
    Viktor,
    Flynax technical department,
    Best wishes.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Viktor View Post
    Hello Brian,

    Yes, the Category Filter plugin will show on listing type page. Please try to use it.
    Ok, but just to be clear...Only the filter plugin will make the filters appear on the listing type page correct? The custom fields (search forms) will NOT work on the listing type pages, correct?

    Thank you
    Brian

  9. #9
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,526
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Jester View Post
    Ok, but just to be clear...Only the filter plugin will make the filters appear on the listing type page correct? The custom fields (search forms) will NOT work on the listing type pages, correct?

    Thank you
    Brian
    as in the other thread you have I have shown you that search forms also work on listing type pages, I will post you a pm with a link to show you this working.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Young View Post
    as in the other thread you have I have shown you that search forms also work on listing type pages, I will post you a pm with a link to show you this working.
    Ok,

    Thank you Pete! I am preparing to do a full-system clean up anyway...Then I am going to start fresh, and keep it fresh, meaning not carelessly delete listing types as I am beginning to understand their functionality better, It's a lot of work, but fun along the way, I can't wait till I get past this learning curve, but I can already see "The light at the end of the tunnel"!

    Brian

+ Reply to Thread