+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sync location listing and user

Sync location listing and user

Is there a way to make it so. When user publishes an listing the will not choose location. Bu the location for the listing will be the one in the users profile. So when a user changes lovation it will automatically update locations in the listings by that user. And listings be searchable by location.

Hello,

Actually, this feature is already in place: when account location is updated it also affects the listing
    As long as your account and listing fields are properly mapped: Common > Basic Settings > Accounts > User Location Mapping Settings

I know about the multigeo plugin. But will this mean that i font have to give users the choice of chosing location when posting an ad.

Because i want to use only users location. And once users have set their location, it will update all lostings with that location. Even if user changes the country, city or address on their account. It will automatic update in listings.

Remove country, city and address from publish listing and use users.

it's not necessary to use multi-field plugin to map account fields for listing fields in Common > Basic Settings > Accounts > User Location Mapping Settings
    you can use any entry from Data Entries for your dropdown field (account / listing) or any text fields

It's up to you to decide whether to give users a choice to fill listing location or not and set 'Yes' option by default for 'Account Address on the Maps' field

I can not edit that fields Rudi. Dropdown only shows blue line when i click on it.

And the multigeo plugin gives the option to make it so when selecting country you can then select city. Without the plugin it just shows all cities etc

I suggest that you create a ticket and describe your issue in details attaching some screenshots

+ Reply to Thread