Closed Thread

Thread: Paid Support - Any Freelancers out there?

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Young View Post
    Well a good customer service dept would write back asking for clarification and not with blame. I hope it gets better.
    Can you imagine, I submitted a ticket and they even started working on the ticket before I paid and just after payment they forget the ticket for the past 2 weeks.

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Godwin Agbavor View Post
    Can you imagine.
    Yes I can Imagine, been here a long time like you. maybe an independent support team could start up ? but then it gets very confusing / just maybe flynax might like to come here and explain how things work ?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Young View Post
    Yes I can Imagine, been here a long time like you. maybe an independent support team could start up ? but then it gets very confusing / just maybe flynax might like to come here and explain how things work ?
    Flynax doesn't have any explanation, they will never admit that they are wrong, am reading some inline reviews now and I noticed they never admit anything even though they are wrong. Just like a said, they are only selling online software, this is not buy in store product as they quote in reply to someones review. once you buy it, you have only a few days to return it or else your on your own.

Hello Guys,

We can understand your disappointment to a certain degree because we know how support works on our end. We do it every day. We can see when we're falling behind a schedule for some fixes or customizations or simply take long with replies, but that's not because we drink too much coffee here. The reason is that we are simply swamped with work. Some of our developers don't go on vacation during the year trying to keep up pace with the work stream.

Like any company working on the Internet, we experience peak loads. We try to handle such peaks but they cause delays anyway, while keeping inflated support staff is not a good thing, especially when you need to lay off some of them during decreases.

If we did something wrong, we can admit our mistakes and failures because we realize that finding fault with customers is no good for our relationships and our corporate image. If we did something wrong, we'll remake it without any extra costs and dispute because we want to be fair to our customers. But in some cases delays and failures result from poorly worded requests or simply misunderstanding. I'd like to note that we don't refuse poorly worded specs. When we don’t understand what exactly needs to be done, we ask for more details. We could simply refuse such requests and take those that are clear and comprehensible. But we don't do it because we realize that not all of our customers are tech-savvy, and that success of your projects depend on particular changes and custom modules. That's why we start communicating in tickets to get more details; that, in the long run, adds up to hours of communication between a customer and Flynax developer. We have a FAQ that might help some of you write better specs: https://www.flynax.com/faqs.html#write-specification

Delays can also be caused by extra things that users may add during customizing their sites; negotiating them also takes time.

Making customizations to a live site can also be stressful. We recommend running two copies of the site: production and development. A production site can work without any interruptions while all changes could be made, tested and debugged on a dev site. Of course if you run only a production version, making changes to a live site is no good for your users, especially if changes might take some time, or when you get bugs after customizations.

Anyway, we take your projects seriously and we try to give you as good support as we can, but it is very difficult to keep you all 100% satisfied with our service.

Thank you, guys, for your feedback, no matter how emotional it was. We've improved a lot of things and we'll keep perfecting our products and service.

P.S. Godwin, I suggested remaking the customization the way you wanted without charging you for the basic functionality you requested originally. I merely wanted to agree on the spec to move forward but you asked for a refund. We can get back to your custom project after the New Year.
    Sales Manager
    Flynax Company

Closed Thread