Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paid Support - Any Freelancers out there?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Young View Post
    Yes I can Imagine, been here a long time like you. maybe an independent support team could start up ? but then it gets very confusing / just maybe flynax might like to come here and explain how things work ?
    Flynax doesn't have any explanation, they will never admit that they are wrong, am reading some inline reviews now and I noticed they never admit anything even though they are wrong. Just like a said, they are only selling online software, this is not buy in store product as they quote in reply to someones review. once you buy it, you have only a few days to return it or else your on your own.

Hello Guys,

We can understand your disappointment to a certain degree because we know how support works on our end. We do it every day. We can see when we're falling behind a schedule for some fixes or customizations or simply take long with replies, but that's not because we drink too much coffee here. The reason is that we are simply swamped with work. Some of our developers don't go on vacation during the year trying to keep up pace with the work stream.

Like any company working on the Internet, we experience peak loads. We try to handle such peaks but they cause delays anyway, while keeping inflated support staff is not a good thing, especially when you need to lay off some of them during decreases.

If we did something wrong, we can admit our mistakes and failures because we realize that finding fault with customers is no good for our relationships and our corporate image. If we did something wrong, we'll remake it without any extra costs and dispute because we want to be fair to our customers. But in some cases delays and failures result from poorly worded requests or simply misunderstanding. I'd like to note that we don't refuse poorly worded specs. When we don’t understand what exactly needs to be done, we ask for more details. We could simply refuse such requests and take those that are clear and comprehensible. But we don't do it because we realize that not all of our customers are tech-savvy, and that success of your projects depend on particular changes and custom modules. That's why we start communicating in tickets to get more details; that, in the long run, adds up to hours of communication between a customer and Flynax developer. We have a FAQ that might help some of you write better specs: https://www.flynax.com/faqs.html#write-specification

Delays can also be caused by extra things that users may add during customizing their sites; negotiating them also takes time.

Making customizations to a live site can also be stressful. We recommend running two copies of the site: production and development. A production site can work without any interruptions while all changes could be made, tested and debugged on a dev site. Of course if you run only a production version, making changes to a live site is no good for your users, especially if changes might take some time, or when you get bugs after customizations.

Anyway, we take your projects seriously and we try to give you as good support as we can, but it is very difficult to keep you all 100% satisfied with our service.

Thank you, guys, for your feedback, no matter how emotional it was. We've improved a lot of things and we'll keep perfecting our products and service.

P.S. Godwin, I suggested remaking the customization the way you wanted without charging you for the basic functionality you requested originally. I merely wanted to agree on the spec to move forward but you asked for a refund. We can get back to your custom project after the New Year.
    Sales Manager
    Flynax Company

Guru
    Hello David, thank you for your update, if anything, the lag in replying to initial inquiries and the lack of information or updates from support on projects that are delayed for what ever reason is probably your biggest thing that gets under peoples skins.

When your on the other end with delays in expected work and nobody bothers to inform people blood starts to boil, you could probably stop 95% of problems by having a system that actively updates people of any delays or problems.

In one reference to sales people not knowing what they are doing, with my last update I was told that I could not get all of the latest updates unless I went to the latest all classifieds in one upgrade, I also was told because of this could not get my site upgraded properly because it was a new system and that my only option was to start fresh.

A lot of work later I found out you still had all of the single options such as just classifieds and I could have updated to just that.

I now have a base system I did not want, that I seem to be stuck with, that cost me more money and time that needed and there is nothing I can do about it now.

It leaves little confidence in your back end when it is filled with people who have no idea in the product or are unable to communicate effectively with customers, so please just do not throw inexperienced people into these roles.

would love a link to the guide on setting up a development site, and in general good solid guides for everything, most things seems ad hock when it comes to guides with edits, updates and tags all over the place making it almost impossible to do anything, you need to look in about 8 places and then try and put things together to make sense.

Same goes with errors, updates, it seems you have to scour half a dozen threads to find the errors and then try and work out how to fix things, and many have said flynax should be able to update all sites when there is an error with a simple update like a plugin. Now we see thinks like "Ok fixed your site and will fix all in next update" ? so that means we all need to run around and try and find the fix and update, this is really last century stuff and totally backwards and not user freindly.

Overall there is still room to improve, but I can say everything has improved greatly and if it continues as it has been, I am sure things will start to get even better.
    Last edited by Pete Young; December 22, 2017 at 09:22 PM.

Hello Pete,

We appreciate your suggestions, and we'll take them into consideration.

We'll try to release the dev and production guide after the new year.

We'll be releasing bug fixes more often now with a new updating system that is already in place.
    Sales Manager
    Flynax Company

Closed Thread