+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Save This Search

Guru

Save This Search

When selecting to use search, the words "Save this Search" end up at the bottom of the search bar, mostly out of site and in a hard to find place.

What I would like to do is copy the code from the bottom of the search and place the copy up the top next to the search results, (where it can be seen clearly) and is now in 2 places, the original and top locations.

I am sure it would be be just a copy n paste of code but that is where I fall down, can anyone help, regards Pete.

Attached Images Attached Images

Guru
    It worked out to be a quick fix, if you go to your template > tpl > blocks > refine search you can copy the save this search from the bottom of the form to the top of the form then in your style css line 1491 # save search edit the code to something like this adding your own preferred setup and colours

(updated)

#save_search {
    /*margin: 20px 0 0;*/
    display: inline-block;
    margin-bottom: 17px;
    background: #f5f7f3;
    height: 38px;
    padding: 17px;
    border: 1px #e1e7db solid;
    line-height: 0px;
    border-radius: 6.2px;

you end up with this at the top of the page in a better layout, could possibly also keep the button at the bottom as well if you wished ? * keep in mind when editing your code to hard refresh to see changes > Ctrl F5

https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cFnirIop9y

Edit > also added wording to the text in the top by using the languages option / look for the word found in languages and you will see where to edit / add the words.
    Last edited by Pete Young; February 7, 2018 at 09:16 PM.

oh wow, nice touch there. Thanks Pete

+ Reply to Thread