+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Emoji Support Please

Emoji Support Please

Hello Everyone,
    I am a beginner in Web Development. In fact, Flynax 5.4. has given me an awesome crash course into php html and css... and I am kinda fallin in love with coding.
    Okay to the issue: I've been trying to get Emoji characters to render on my site from mobile input from day one. (I think I was asking the Flynax team the wrong questions so maybe they did not understand me.)
    I tried messing around in the UTF8 files(patterns.php, unicode.php, core/regex.php). I tried adding U strings to the UTF8_$match. I tried to force PhP to include and require an css file which contains an emoji mapping thru unicode. I tried adding emoji code into the html, ref the css file in the head and the css file pointed to a png file containing the emoji characters.(Maybe I have to parse...don't know how...)
    Nothing worked! Site performed as normal. Enter emoji character from mobile and the script just won't read it or anything behind it. *However, upon randomly pressing emoji characters out of pure frustration...One actually rendered "!?" so I tried more, and a few more rendered. I AM NOW THINKING THIS IS A FONT ISSUE! So I go through styles.css and add(or try) two new fonts that support the Unicode with @font-face { blah blah.TTF format"" src "" } and I also added the font to my body and inputs with font-family:{ ("font") } No go! I can only get those same few emoji to render. So I dig in some more,debugging, I switched to my Style editor and see <link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Roboto:300,400,500,700"> in my head. I search and I search but can not locate that link src. I think the Roboto font is overriding all my other fonts because its in my head somehow. Please, if you have dealt with an emoji issue, respond.
    Thanks

There is a plugin for ckeditor with name of smiley in flynax package. It's not active by default in ckeditor, but you can activate it.
    Go to libs/javascript/system.lib.js
    Find:
    Code:
    Only registered members can view the code.
    Change to:
    Code:
    Only registered members can view the code.
    save and you have a simple emoji icons in your editor.
    Last edited by Bahram Soltanirad; November 26, 2017 at 11:04 AM.

Thank You, Bahram!!!! I am customizing like crazy

Well Bahram I actually found a better solution with the Ckeditor... recently released https://ckeditor.com/cke4/addon/emojione inspired by the 'smiley'
    But this is for anyone who went through what I did. Enjoy ppl.

So I have tried to configure this addon to work so far no luck. Anyone have luck please tell me what I am doing wrong!!!

],
    Last edited by Rintu Cunningham; December 3, 2017 at 03:50 PM.

Wait!!!!I see you guys have it working...Please Advise! I uploaded the zip and inserted 'Emojione' into var toolbox but can't seem to get it working. What am i not adding to JS? or what am I missing?
    Last edited by Rintu Cunningham; December 3, 2017 at 03:59 PM.

Ok I got the new ckeditor to work but the icon for the button does show. Can you tell me what size should the png be?

+ Reply to Thread