+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Custom template design

Custom template design

hi guys

here is an issue... i wanted to hire developer to make some rearrangements on my homepage template which should take only some radical tweaks- not much. however he looked up the flynax script and template to see what he can do and comes back to me with question "where the hell index page is?" ??? i really did not know what to tell him because i have pretty much respect for him as a developer. im sure he doesnt want really to go through all this flynax stuff because the script is very rare but he wants to help me so i need to help him as well.

so since we all know flynax is opensource which should be adjusted by any developer, is there something i really missed with buying this script? what makes it so complicated that one developer should ask me where the main template files are? is there anything i should make him aware of so he can complete my projects on flynax?

if it is a case that anyone has complications with developing flynax frontend and backend as well, or even not being able at all to make any adjustments just because flynax doesnt allow them to do so, which i dont want even to imagine... i might be very much disappointed in what i paid and what i got.

any suggestions guys?? thanks in advance

jasmin
    Last edited by Jasmin Toromanovic; November 20, 2017 at 07:42 PM.

so any idea?

just a little tip when he didnt find the index dont use him/her as developer.

but as in any website the index.php is in your root folder or folder you install the script.

for example www.yourdomainname.com/index.php is working fine

Hello Jasmin,

I think your developer has no too much skills. Template with design you can find in folder ftp://templates>>your_template
    Also for each page exist php controller locate in folder: ftp://includes>>controllers
    I don't know what else information need for your developer.

I think Flynax is using simple structure. Your developer should know php, html, css, mysql, smarty, js/jquery for working with Flynax script.
    Also when he open index.php file in last 30-40 lines php load tpl files. May be it help your developer.
    Viktor,
    Flynax technical department,
    Best wishes.

thank you guys a lot

well it might have sounded stupid that he asked where index file is... but i really trust this guy because he made some great work in some other projects for me so i know he is not some kind of phony he is a great wordpress expert

however he says he would need sometime too look how everything works with flynax so i assume it might be kind of complicated. my coding knowledge is very basic so i cannot have a clear picture of how complicated it may be so for that matter i want to reach out the complexity of the designing problem

Viktor could you in short tell me what would mean controller files in flynax case?

also one more question in terms of case study... lets say homepage is arranged in 4 horizontal blocks/containers. first block contains navbar, second one searchbox, third one contains body with recent, featured listings boxes and other plugins and fouth one contains footer.
    now lets say i want to have all those blocks/containers arranged verticaly on my homepage, so navbar is vertical search box vertical etc.
    do i need to make rearrangements in php and css only OR the .tpl files also need to be changed?? what do you think it might be important in this case and im not aware of?? only opinion guys, i dont need at the moment any kind of solutions

thanks
    Last edited by Jasmin Toromanovic; November 21, 2017 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasmin Toromanovic View Post
    thank you guys a lot

well it might have sounded stupid that he asked where index file is... but i really trust this guy because he made some great work in some other projects for me so i know he is not some kind of phony he is a great wordpress expert

however he says he would need sometime too look how everything works with flynax so i assume it might be kind of complicated. my coding knowledge is very basic so i cannot have a clear picture of how complicated it may be so for that matter i want to reach out the complexity of the designing problem

Viktor could you in short tell me what would mean controller files in flynax case?

also one more question in terms of case study... lets say homepage is arranged in 4 horizontal blocks/containers. first block contains navbar, second one searchbox, third one contains body with recent, featured listings boxes and other plugins and fouth one contains footer.
    now lets say i want to have all those blocks/containers arranged verticaly on my homepage, so navbar is vertical search box vertical etc.
    do i need to make rearrangements in php and css only OR the .tpl files also need to be changed?? what do you think it might be important in this case and im not aware of?? only opinion guys, i dont need at the moment any kind of solutions

thanks
    Remember if the dude messed up your site Flynax will charge you to fix it. Once your developer started asking for simple index, thats an alert for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Viktor View Post
    I think your developer has no too much skills.
    Really!? Do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Bahram Soltanirad View Post
    Really!? Do you?
    i would please you guys to avoid sarcastic comments... its just not constructive and not helping. all opinions and solutions might be handy at some point for all of us.
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Godwin Agbavor View Post
    Remember if the dude messed up your site Flynax will charge you to fix it. Once your developer started asking for simple index, thats an alert for you.

Exactly Godwin, You are right because fix after 3rd party developers will take many time. That's why Jasmin I suggest you create full backup files before start your developer.

Also Jasmin please check header.tpl, content.tpl and footer.tpl files. All this files loads one by one and it is all your site scheme. tpl files it is the same as html but with smarty codes.
    Viktor,
    Flynax technical department,
    Best wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Viktor View Post
    Exactly Godwin, You are right because fix after 3rd party developers will take many time. That's why Jasmin I suggest you create full backup files before start your developer.

Also Jasmin please check header.tpl, content.tpl and footer.tpl files. All this files loads one by one and it is all your site scheme. tpl files it is the same as html but with smarty codes.
    yes viktor you are right... actually he couldnt find tpl files so thats what confused him. i personally never had something to do with tpl files and have no idea what they are and how they function. however i have been speaking with developer recently so he gave me some positive feedback so i could see he has everything under control and understand the project. i gave him green light for the project so lets see whats he going to do

and yes... backup is holly grail...i have it thanks viktor

any other opinions would be appreciated

+ Reply to Thread