+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Listing Fields / Listing Types Question...

Question Listing Fields / Listing Types Question...

Hello,

I have removed all default listing fields and data-entries, I am adding them in as I need them for each category. So far, i have added the title, description and price fields. My question is: Can I add those fields on every category for every listing type with a setting in admin?

Thank you
    Brian

Yes. You can add a listing field to any category and listing type that you want

Actually, you only need to define your forms(including listing fields) for top level categories. All sub categories will inherit forms from top level categories.
    For example resumes and vacancies for jobs type are top levels. Also you can define one top level category as general category for a listing type( edit a listing type and find general category).For example books for classifieds type.
    And yes, as Wei said, you can define forms, including listing fields for each category one by one, But i think it is an extra work.

Quote Originally Posted by Bahram Soltanirad View Post
    Actually, you only need to define your forms(including listing fields) for top level categories. All sub categories will inherit forms from top level categories.
    For example resumes and vacancies for jobs type are top levels. Also you can define one top level category as general category for a listing type( edit a listing type and find general category).For example books for classifieds type.
    And yes, as Wei said, you can define forms, including listing fields for each category one by one, But i think it is an extra work.
    Thank you, that answered my question, but I was only wanting to know that so I can create a default form for all categories, then for each one, I will put additional fields in as I need...I want my site to be *very* user friendly, and since flynax offers that capability, I am going to put it to use.

Thanks again!
    Brian

Hello Brian,

Child category will take fields form parent only if child category has empty form. If you add any fields in form system will take only this fields.
    And you need to build parent categories and all children categories with different fields. If you need something else you need to create new ticket with your request and we will create it as a customization for you.
    Viktor,
    Flynax technical department,
    Best wishes.

+ Reply to Thread