+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Question Related to Categories Issue

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Young View Post
    Ok no worries, for many years I have worked in excel and can programme just about anything in VB / excel, so if it was matter of transferring it to a csv that would be pretty easy but I would need to know the structure of the import file and how that worked, then if all things were OK it would be easy enough to write some code to convert the files from one to the other ? in theory.

I suppose you would need to know if you can format the import file for x levels deep and the structure as a first, then I would need to see the sample ebay files ? also can many imports be loaded up to complete the full category listing or does it all need to be done at once ?

I do not know enough about how it works, i might try and export my categories to see i can de bunk it from there ?

also maybe worth taking up Rudi's Offer as an alternative.

Edit / Just looked at a test export and it looks very easy and can go as many levels as you want from what I can see, so in theory it would be very easy to write a small bit of code to transfer your ebay download to work in flynax as an up load, it also looks like it can be done in parts as well meaning for each bit of information there you could run a conversion for each one and upload it.

I will do a bit more testing but looks easy enough (i have not seen your ebay export yet, so lets not jump hurdles until then.)

Pete
    Hi Pete, beside categories level, is it possible to include title, descriptions, meta tags, and all of them for 2 languages?

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Hong View Post
    Hi Pete, beside categories level, is it possible to include title, descriptions, meta tags, and all of them for 2 languages?
    Hello Wei Hong, page title is there but if you mean meta title / no and same with description etc, all you can do is add the category per se, the rest yu have to complete yourself, that would include page seo, meta information and any forms that need to be completed.

That said first time really looked at this and even though it is basic it would be a good way to load update categories, you would load them locked and as you built the category ready to use unlock it, it would save some time at least.

Pete

Hi Guys

Another question, is there away for Flynax to allow for numbers and dates in the urls as this is now becoming a major issues. Can the script be coded to allow this?

When using the categories import tool which is working great by the way it allows you to upload urls with dates and numbers however when you then try to edit that category it will not allow it saying you cannot have numbers at the end of the urls.

Thanks
    David

Hello,

category url with number should end with word or letter

Hi Rudi

Support has replied about this and are going to get this sorted for me as i want to allow for urls to have numbers also at the end too..

Thanks
    David

+ Reply to Thread