+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Category Question...

Question Category Question...

Hello,

I have a question regarding adding listing types / categories...

After looking in the categories area of the admin, (after a fresh install of flynax yesterday), their are so many categories, more than I think I want to add, so I went into the database and emptied the fl_categories table as well as the fl_listing_types table (and even cleared in the data entries area in the admin, so i can start fresh with listing types and categories...My problem was when I opened up the home page to check to make sure all was cleared, I saw what I believe was the category form data, and some categories being displayed but it was all out of place. Ex: For Sale category was there, but as a H1 size while other categories were small fonts...

Fast forward: Today, I re-installed fresh, now I still want to start fresh with listing_types and categories, but how should I go about doing this, I also tried installing the category im/export plugin, but is there a way I can empty table without messing everything all up? Maybe I should only empty the categories table? I believe this all has to do with the category forms, but to sum all this up, can I just empty the category table in the db, and just start from that point, instead of removing the listing_types as well as the data entries. I just want to start adding my own categories.

Please Help!

Thank you
    Brian

I think, do it with admin panel facilities. First remove a small listing type like properties from the listing type section. Then remove all categories related to property type from category section. check if everything is Ok. Then continue for remains.

Thank you Bahram,

I will follow your instruction!

Boy, I know I was tired from work yesterday, but this is management 101, I didn't go into the admin, I went directly through the mysql db to remove the categories and listing types when all I needed was the listing types and categories section to take care of all the dirty work.

Thanks again Mr. Bahram Soltanirad!
    Brian
    Last edited by Brian Jester; November 3, 2017 at 08:21 PM.

Hello Bahram,

I have followed your instructions, but i still have a problem. Let me step you through what i did:

1. click admin panel->lisings->listing types
    2. click red x to delete listing type for each (all) of the listing types except for the jobs category.
    3. with the jobs listing type, i click edit, and change the name, and that is ok, BUT, it still says jobs for the key, and the front-end still says jobs even though I changed the name of the listing type it doesn't show changes in front-end.

How do I get flynax to reflect my changes? And oh yeah, I also did the refresh category option as well.

Thank you in advance!
    Brian

Hello Bahram,

::: EDIT :::

I figured out my problem below: I created a new listing type then delete the old one...It's been a slow start for me, but hey...I am getting better!

I have followed your instructions, but i still have a problem. Let me step you through what i did:

1. click admin panel->lisings->listing types
    2. click red x to delete listing type for each (all) of the listing types except for the jobs category.
    3. with the jobs listing type, i click edit, and change the name, and that is ok, BUT, it still says jobs for the key, and the front-end still says jobs even though I changed the name of the listing type it doesn't show changes in front-end.

How do I get flynax to reflect my changes? And oh yeah, I also did the refresh category option as well.

Thank you in advance!
    Brian
    Last edited by Brian Jester; November 4, 2017 at 03:06 PM.

Changing name for jobs listing type only change listing type name (click on post an ad to see change in listing types) and not jobs name at front end main menu.
    For changing jobs name in front end menu, go to admin panel->content->pages and find jobs and edit it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bahram Soltanirad View Post
    Changing name for jobs listing type only change listing type name (click on post an ad to see change in listing types) and not jobs name at front end main menu.
    For changing jobs name in front end menu, go to admin panel->content->pages and find jobs and edit it.
    Thank you for that! I have found another way to do it, but it may not be as efficient as your way. I removed all but one listing type, then added my first one, then deleted the other one. Then i went into the mysql db, and updated the id (1, 2 3, etc..) and order (1,2,3 etc..) of the listing type. I know i could change the order from the admin, but that's just me for now.

PS: I learned the listing process better from the following youtube video: I almost forgot about this one

Thank you!
    Brian

+ Reply to Thread