+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to enable mod_rewrite with nginx

Question How to enable mod_rewrite with nginx

Hello,

I am a brand new user to the Flynax Classified software, I'm in the learning stage with Flynax, not with servers and scripts (but not advanced)...

I will give my current server setup:

Flynax is currently installed on my localhost machine with the following:

(L) inux Ubuntu 17.10
    (E) ngineX v1.12.1
    (M) ySQL v5.7.20
    (P) hp v7.1.8-1

(P)hpmyadmin v4.6.6

Let me start by asking my first question, I can't figure out how to get the apache rewrite module ( Flynax Admin -> Basic Settings ) working...I have it enabled, but when I click on any link in the front-end of the website, the url changes to the html page, but the page doesn't change.

I have knowledge about the nginx config files, I just need the rule(s) to make it work, or what else might be the problem.

If you would like to see any of my config files, please reply with the files contents you want to see.

Thank you in advance!
    Brian
    Last edited by Brian Jester; November 2, 2017 at 03:56 AM.

I have just downgraded from Ubuntu 17.10 to 16.04 -- Install went fine, but the mod_rewrite module is still giving me a problem. I believe something to do with try_files in the sites-available config file. The issue now, I get a 404 not found page when clicking any link on the website. If I disable mod_rewrite module I can access the links, but I would like to know before going live, that this feature does work with nginx.

If you have successfully enabled the mod_rewrite module, please reply with the solution.

Update: I am still trying to fix this issue, so if anyone has it working, can you please share your config file?

Edit::: Also, I am in a testing server currently, so maybe it's just my server configuration, but does anyone here use hostgator for their website? Just curious if any of you are using hostgator as your webhost and use nginx as your webserver, is it a pain to get mod_rewrite working with that setup, or does it just work?

As a reference, I am using flynax v.4.6

Thank you in advance!
    Brian
    Last edited by Brian Jester; November 12, 2017 at 09:04 PM.

+ Reply to Thread