+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Account Type why are checkboxes disabled

Let me explain how it is working.
    Minimum into 1 account type should be selected Listing types for allowing add listing.
    Try to create or edit another account type and the same lines will not be disabled and you can check or uncheck it.
    Also, if you select checkboxes on 2nd account type and save it and then open first account type the same checkboxes will not be disabled.
    Viktor,
    Flynax technical department,
    Best wishes.

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Viktor View Post
    Let me explain how it is working.
    Minimum into 1 account type should be selected Listing types for allowing add listing.
    Try to create or edit another account type and the same lines will not be disabled and you can check or uncheck it.
    Also, if you select checkboxes on 2nd account type and save it and then open first account type the same checkboxes will not be disabled.
    I can not understand any logic behind this (yet) and with the 2 account types I have I was unable to still get things working, what I did do is create a third account type and I called it "Activate Me" and in that account type I selected every option to allow listing to this type and saved it.

This then let me go into the others and make changes as you described as above (editing an existing account type did not work for me) and once changes were made as required I went back to the "Activate Me" account type and made it Inactive.

This then set the other two back to locked, meaning that if I wish to edit account types I need to activate the third account type "Activate Me" every time, this seems a very confusing way to have to edit account types, but if that's what we have to do ? I am just not sure of the thinking behind it, its nearly like a cryptic puzzle of sorts.

Anyway thankyou at least we can build an account type we don't need, to make changes to the ones we do need.

Would you please show me screenshots of disabled checkboxes.
    Viktor,
    Flynax technical department,
    Best wishes.

Guru
    sure will do a quick video for you. give me a few mins

If anybody wants to solve it try to use the following solution:

Open file: ftp://admin>>controllers>>account_types.inc.php

find code:
    PHP Code:
    Only registered members can view the code
    and change to:
    PHP Code: