+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CKEditor Off in Admin Interface

CKEditor Off in Admin Interface

Is there a way to turn of CKEditor in the admin interface and just let me use raw text editor?

If this setting exists, I missed it somewhere.

I am tired of trying to work around the CKEditor stripping and removing tags every time I save and edit.
    <a> tags keep getting removed around buttons
    <br> tags keep getting removed
    and and and.

How do you use these tags? Do you know, you can add tags directly to ckeditor just in source mode?

I do everything in source mode... I do not like the wysiwyg editor at all.

however, each time I save... the editor "intelligently" removes tags as it see fit.

and after messing with it for a long time, and having to re-enter the missing tags each time, I am looking to turn off the "intelligent" editor and just have a text editor.

I dont understand why if I turn it on to source mode, why it needs to filter and remove tags.

i fought and still fighting with the same problem

Hello Tim.

CKEditor remove empty tags. For example: <a href="" class="">NOTHING HERE</a>
    If you add only space this tag will stay there.
    Viktor,
    Flynax technical department,
    Best wishes.

viktor not really always

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Wade View Post
    I do everything in source mode... I do not like the wysiwyg editor at all.

however, each time I save... the editor "intelligently" removes tags as it see fit.

and after messing with it for a long time, and having to re-enter the missing tags each time, I am looking to turn off the "intelligent" editor and just have a text editor.

I dont understand why if I turn it on to source mode, why it needs to filter and remove tags.
    I am using ckeditor 3 and it saves all my changes at source code.
    Which version do you use? and show us a sample code you changed and what ckeditor saved.

I worked with flynax team to replace all my admin CKeditor blocks to just simple textarea fields, and now everything is working perfectly.

+ Reply to Thread