+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Export Language without rows that were deleted before previous imports

Export Language without rows that were deleted before previous imports

Dear, I would always like to export the Language without the lines already deleted, not all lines that were initially imported. After deleting the language in the admin, is it possible to permanently delete also on the server?
    I export the language, delete lines that I do not use, then import it into the site, but when I go back to export these lines that have been deleted are in the exported file.
    Is it possible to permanently delete the server after exporting and deleting from the admin?
    Which server file can be deleted, to permanently exclude all lines from Language excluded from administration?
    Flynax Real Estate 4.5.2
    Thank you.

You exported language A and then deleted some lines,OK...before try to import it again, you should delete language A from the server and then import edited language.Be careful to have another language as default, before deleting language A from the server.
    It is a little risky operation. Be careful.

I'm deleting the language via admin before importing, but when I re-export to make corrections, all the deleted rows in the previous import are returning in the exported file and I have to delete the same rows again.

It is weird. please put a sample line you delete.

My site is real estate, but the Language was initially exported from a vehicle site, however, it does not immediately delete those lines referring to the vehicle site and I imported the Language file to my site.
    Right now deleting these lines of vehicles before importing them all are returning by exporting the Language again.
    More than 1000 lines of these below:
    ('pt', 'common', 'pages + title + at_dealer', 'Vehicle Dealers', '', 'active'),

This is correct steps.
    1. export language to file
    2. remove lines from the file
    3. remove language
    4. import edited file
    if it does not work, put a ticket and give edited file to flynax expert to do it for you.

I'm doing exactly as below
    1. Export language to file
    2. Remove rows from the file
    3. Remove language
    4. Import edited file
    So far so good, Language working perfectly.
    The problem is when exporting again because all previously deleted rows come in the file.

As i see from your sample row, the language to remove is Portuguese with 'pt' as code.
    Let's suppose , the language code you like to remove is 'pt'.
    After doing step 3 and before step 4 please run below SQL statement in Admin panel -> Database

Code:
    Only registered members can view the code.
    It shows you, all rows from the language you removed.
    The result should be zero row, because you removed the language at step 3
    Last edited by Bahram Soltanirad; September 24, 2017 at 10:50 AM.

I did the query you suggested and this is the result: The query was successfully implemented; 0 rows were affected.
    The problem is that I also mistakenly executed this query: SELECT * FROM `fl_config` WHERE 1 and the result was over 200 rows affected.
    Will I have to install the site again?

If you received 0 records as the result, then it means step 3 is successful and you don't have portuguese language at the server anymore.
    Then problem is in step 4.
    Will I have to install the site again?
    If you have not any live listings or custom categories, yes you can do it and remember do not import from vehicle site again

+ Reply to Thread