+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Add basic search field and category list search form to header

Question Add basic search field and category list search form to header

Hi there, I am just getting started on developing a theme for Flynax classifieds and was hoping you might be able to share a code snipet for getting a a basic search form in the header of my site pages?

Basically after a input field (search term) and a select box containing the categories to search within.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello Richard,

What a template do you use?
    Viktor,
    Flynax technical department,
    Best wishes.

Hi Vikto, thanks for your reply... I am using General Flatty to build my template off of. As you can see by the code I have below, I have created a header section for all sub pages that I am trying to have the search field and category select box in (contained within the <nav> > form section).

Basically I am hoping to include a search section that contains an input field and select box containing all the top level category items. I have also included a screenshot of what I have already designed but it is not yet functional.

Code:
    Only registered members can view the code.
    Thankyou for any help you can offer.screenshot.jpg

Need code from js and from php also. I suggest you create new ticket with your request.
    Viktor,
    Best wishes.

Hi Viktor, thanks for your reply... Not sure what you mean by "I suggest you create new ticket with your request"? Is there a different place for these questions?

Hi Richard,

Of course exist other support. See here: https://www.flynax.com/support.html
    Viktor,
    Best wishes.

+ Reply to Thread