+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to initiate a search from the website URL

How to initiate a search from the website URL

i would like to be able to search for (my search term) within my website, buy typing it in the url example : www.example.com/search?=mysearchterm
    if i type this url in the borwser it will take me to a page in my website with search results.

Quote Originally Posted by Samir Fakirane View Post
    i would like to be able to search for (my search term) within my website, buy typing it in the url example : www.example.com/search?=mysearchterm
    if i type this url in the borwser it will take me to a page in my website with search results.
    You can change it in listing type option, under search something POST something like that. I'm sure it's there, you just need to take a look at it.

Hi Hong, i am not sure you understand my question.
    i want to build a link that can initiate a search with my chosen search term something like this www.example.com/search?=mysearchterm

ok here is an example if i type this in the browser https://www.google.com/search?q=bing&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8
    it will take me to google search with search term bing.

my question is how to do that in flynax website.???

Hello Samir,

You need change the "Submit method" of search in your listing type to GET and after try to make a search with any parameters in frontend. System will add your criteria to url which you can use how you want.
    Thank you, Curtis.
    @Flynax Company

thank you Hong and Curtis, it did it for me

+ Reply to Thread