Just some general discussion on taking a new site that nobody has heard about and nobody is using because, there is little or nobody buying into your dream of the next superstar classified website to becoming so popular that people are gladly paying in the droves to get onto your site because it so popular.

People see a popular site and they all want in now it is successful, but they all start as blank canvases, so the question is what do people do to encourage people to join and make those first posts when the site is new, when it is not popular, when really there is no reason to post there because your probably wasting your time, and I suppose the only real thing you can do is delete those spammers that come along like flies at summertime bbq.

So the question is, what are people doing that seems to work, it is a bit like you need to somehow drag it kicking and screaming to get the traction in some ways, and for me if I am honest is one of the hardest things I have ventured into, it seems very difficult to bridge that gap between Desolate and Tropical Paradise, even with what seems to be a good setup and layout, you still need the people using it.

Some things I have in place are free lifetime start up offers (with a coupon) to some people who help grandfather in the early days, this is working but seems slow, also set up general free starter packs, and also working heavily in getting the word out, yet it all still seems slow going and a slog at times, never the less it is moving forward.

What are other people's views and idea's ? are there any ?