+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Company Name Field

Company Name Field - Solved

Hello everybody!

Does anyone know how to display the Company Name Field in place of the first and last name? Below are two images for better understanding.

2.jpg

1.jpg

Thanks!
    Last edited by Ed; May 25, 2017 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Solved

Guru
    All of that is easy, as in the other thread, you can create any combination that you wish just by not making anything compulsory.

http://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cbhZceXknW
    Last edited by Pete Young; May 24, 2017 at 12:07 AM.

Smile

Hi Pete, how are you?

Your suggestion is good, but ...

1 - If the Company Name, First Name and Last Name fields are not mandatory the system will show the username to the public, I think this would make the system less secure.

2 - Companies will not want to display the name it uses to connect to the site, this leads to understand that the site does not care about their privacy.

3 - The payment plugin (Transparent Payment) will not be able to automatically get the name and surname of the person responsible.

4 - Maybe other plugins will need the name and surname of the person responsible, both Company and Private Seller

I have a suggestion, this is the following.

// Fields of registration for a Company interested in advertising.
    Company Name: (required)
    Name: (required), Used only for internal control and other purposes
    Last name: (required), Used only for internal control and other purposes
    Other fields, etc ...

// Fields of registration for a Particular Seller or (Buyer) interested in advertising.
    Name: (required)
    Last name: (required)
    Other fields, etc ...

... There in front of the system ...

// Field to be displayed by the Company
    Company Name: (displays for all)
    Name: (not displayed, but serves for internal control and other purposes)
    Last Name: (not displayed, but serves for internal control and other purposes)
    Data Output -> Company Name and other fields, Phone, etc...

// Field to be displayed by Private Seller or (Buyer)
    Name: (displays for buyers' safety)
    Last Name: (displays for buyer safety)
    Data Output -> Name + Last Name and the other fields, Phone, etc ...

Just this, it's very simple
    Last edited by Ed; May 24, 2017 at 02:03 AM.

http://forum.flynax.com/showthread.php?3928-Company-Name-Field-Priority

I have discussed this in the following thread and I hope they will implement it in the new version

Cool

It might work on other templates, as soon as there is something new, I come back here to say.

Thanks Pete !, you are a very helpful and kind-hearted person, congratulations, keep it up!

Let's wait a little ... hehe

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Hi Pete, how are you?

Your suggestion is good, but ...

1 - If the Company Name, First Name and Last Name fields are not mandatory the system will show the username to the public, I think this would make the system less secure.
    where ? you mean if its left blank ? so make it mandatory to put a name in there simply fixed ?

2 - Companies will not want to display the name it uses to connect to the site, this leads to understand that the site does not care about their privacy.
    what are you talking about ? show me ? as above fixed

3 - The payment plugin (Transparent Payment) will not be able to automatically get the name and surname of the person responsible.
    What ? a company decides to use it's name and now that same company wants to make a payment and it does not know what ? who paid it ? it would not matter what user name or company name in this case would it ? do they have unothorised people making payments for them ? any way get the plugin builder to edit or custom for you

4 - Maybe other plugins will need the name and surname of the person responsible, both Company and Private Seller

what again ? no idea what you mean ? there is a lot of over thinking here and from what I see all of it is a storm in a tea cup. maybe just get flynax to do a customisation of your site with all of that stuff if you think it wrong.
    Last edited by Pete Young; May 24, 2017 at 05:06 AM.

I talked to ten (10) Car Dealers(Company) and everyone told me they do not want to display their first and last name, and their username does not.

If you have a solution let's do a test there on my site that is online (for testing)

I succeed, I'll give you $5.00, otherwise you'll have to pay me $5.00, accept the challenge?
    Last edited by Ed; May 24, 2017 at 04:16 PM.

Guru
    the solution was just to make it a required field. ? that's it problem solved.

Not sure why you would talk to any business about that, let alone 10, any way I see you now have a coded answer, and $5 lets call it a draw, so long as your happy that is all that matters, now you just got to go and build your site.

cheers
    Pete

Solved

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Young View Post
    the solution was just to make it a required field. ? that's it problem solved.

Not sure why you would talk to any business about that, let alone 10, any way I see you now have a coded answer, and $5 lets call it a draw, so long as your happy that is all that matters, now you just got to go and build your site.

cheers
    Pete
    Hello Pete!, the solution to this I posted here in the forum, if you need is at the link below:

http://forum.flynax.com/showthread.p...8564#post18564

Anyway thank you for your friendship and for your willingness to help, which is very important !!

Regards

Ed

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Hello Pete!, the solution to this I posted here in the forum, if you need is at the link below:
    http://forum.flynax.com/showthread.p...8564#post18564
    Anyway thank you for your friendship and for your willingness to help, which is very important !!
    Regards
    Ed
    Ed I think it is also great to challenge and explore for the better improvement, I also learnt and have / will rename my field from user name to just name and make it a required field, to avoid any possible chance of a security risk no matter how small and I think just improve the site one little bit more, so a return thanks, it is good to look at things from all views and if we can as a group improve it is a good thing.

+ Reply to Thread