+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Increase Login Timeout - I keep getting kicked off

Increase Login Timeout - I keep getting kicked off

Please increase the length of time a user can stay logged into the forum or main site. I am having to login multiple times within an hour. That's just too short while doing research.

Guru
    Have you selected to stay logged in ? as I have never had to log in in over a year, so if it dropping out I do not think it is from this end ?

"Remember Me" is the only checkbox I see below the top login username + password fields. Is that what you clicked to stay logged in?

Guru
    yes that would be it

Hello John,

If you want increase time staying logged you should contact with your hosting for increase session life time. Usually session life time = 1440 sec - 24 min. But sometimes may be less and hosting can increase this time period.
    Viktor,
    Flynax technical department,
    Best wishes.

Hi Viktor,

I am primarily talking about forum.flynax.com which I should have typed the URL to make it clearer. There is debate among developers as to the meaning of "Remember Me". I prefer "Keep me signed in" or "Extend my session" as a clickable and to require revalidation when appropriate such as with a setting changes after some time, but not to view or add a post. I never click "Remember Me" on websites because it suggests that login will be automatic in the future. I just clicked "Keep me signed in" on godaddy.com.

Contact my hosting? LOL. Assume we know more then they do.

Hello John,

I don't understand about "Remember me" checkbox. Is it exist on your login form or not?

>>Contact my hosting? LOL. Assume we know more then they do.
    I don't see anything smiling in this request. Because login data locate in session and only hosting can increase session life time.

But when you click "Remember me" all data saved in cookies and located there.
    Viktor,
    Flynax technical department,
    Best wishes.

+ Reply to Thread