+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Company Name Field Priority

Hi Pete Young,

As I said Flynax is not perfect so I highlighted a point/bug/fix to them so they can analyze and make software better/flexible for all... if needed... without doing these "workaround".

Please allow them look into the matter.

NOTE: I have done all these workaround months ago. So give me a chance to make a suggest. If they see it beneficial to all users and not me only I am sure they will at some point implementing it.

Priority Field Display <- Do you think this request is a waste of time or an unreasonable request?

There are 3 ways to fix this issue.

1. Get rid of First_Name and Last_Name Field and use only one Field - Display Name (Concatenate required for live websites - not good for future development)
    2. Change First_Name Field to Display Name and Disable Last_name Field. (Concatenate required for live websites and deletion of data in Last_name field - not good for future development)
    3. Keep all fields First_Name, Last_Name, Company_name and assign priority Display Order for user to choose which name to display. (click of a button - Perfect for future development)

Out of the box Flynax comes with First_name, Last_name, Company Name which are all critical fields so I choose option 3 which is most flexible for long term and short term administration.

With your suggestion which I have done many times as test...

1. In the existing and live website database you will need to concatenate first_name and last_name to make your new display_name field.
    (Your solution is good for initial setup and hoping your structure will not change).

2. In the future if you want to revert to a First name, Last_name basis and separate Company Name you will need to go again and try separate the First_Name from Last_Name which u have concatenated also identify which name is company name different from a First_Name Last_Name.

The aim is:

When a client register as Dealer the company name must be shown as priority although the user fills the First Name, Last Name and Company Name Field (This is not so in current Flynax setup).

All 3 fields are critical to have with out workaround.

So option 3 fix will give the software administration the flexibility to choose depending on the need or marketing in their country or user choice.

Do your understand now?

My question to you is 3 years from now you want to restructure your website to use First Name, Last Name and not Display name what will you do?

It is not possible but a lot of work with your setup. However, with the request I made it is less than 3 secs.
    Last edited by Errol; May 30, 2017 at 12:57 AM.

Hi Pete Young,

And yet again you do not understand feedback/request to make software better from your comment below:

it would be impossible for flynax to build a base site that meets every single persons requirements and is why we all need to edit the base for our own needs, I do not see the how in any way what people want can not be achieved and if not then why not get a custom job done.
    Flynax is not perfect so others submit request/feedback and flynax will decide if it is needed. There is an category in this forum for Features Requests (Do you have good ideas for new Flynax functionality?). They are not building to suite everyone but taking point and implementing what make sense in their base product.

I am sure they would love to have a software to suite everyone

A handful of us made the suggestion of a "Single Post Page"... For my users it is tedious to click next, next , next so I made a request for a Single Post Page <- maybe you might not see this as important but a minority does.

I want to suggest also that for fix-menu to have a second logo so when the page scroll and the menu is fixed the second logo which is an icon appears that takes up less space to the right so more main menus can appear <- this also might not make sense to you because you are ok with your template.

Capture.jpg

Capture2.jpg

So let the request of Priority Field Display go through the channel without any workaround to confuse flynax or deter them from not looking at the request.

The idea is let us suggest and let flynax decide what to put in the base.... they are counting on our input/feedback.

So in other words if you can assist to achieve a request fine but do not look at a request as people wanting flynax to build a software that meets everyone at this time (All suggestions/feedbacks relating to flynax software will be coming from user personal point of view or experience).

Again let Flynax decide. No suggestion is invalid. Less workaround out of the box is always better.
    Last edited by Errol; May 30, 2017 at 01:03 AM.

Lightbulb Awaiting return of Flynax team

Hi, Errol!

I have friends who own car dealerships and they are helping me by telling you what resellers expect from an automotive ad platform, so if you reason there are a lot of people involved in it, see:

Errol & Customers (200 + or -) -> Have been able to identify this issue (Customers are also included)

Ed (Edno) & Customers (200 + or -) -> Have been able to identify this problem (Customers are also included)

I talked and asked for 20 Automobile Dealers (Companies):

Would you like your names and surnames to be displayed to the public?

Answer from Automobile Dealers (Companies): Negative, who wants to know my first name and last name, please come to my store in person, talk to the attendant, identify yourself, inform the subject and wait in the reception room will be happy In serving him.

But we Automotive Resellers (Companies) know that a system needs First Name and Surname for internal identification and control, this is very good, it means that the system is very organized, but only the Site Administrator can see this information.

Conclusion: Automobile Dealers (Companies) will not refuse to fill in the First Name and Second Name fields, they said that this information is useful and indispensable for the Administrator (Control Panel), but it should not be displayed in front of the site.

Instead of displaying First Name and Last Name, Display the Company Name (Key)
    (Companies)

If it is a Company:
    Displays the (Company Name)
    Use First Name and Second Name only for identification and internal control of the system (Administrator), do not display them

If you are a Private Seller:
    Displays the (First Name + Last Name = Full Name)

I would like to ask only a response from the Flynax team, if you are not from the Flynax team, please do not reply

Best regards
    Last edited by Ed; May 29, 2017 at 11:02 PM.

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Errol View Post
    Hi Pete Young,
    As I said Flynax is not perfect so I highlighted a point/bug/fix to them so they can analyze and make software better/flexible for all... if needed... without doing these "workaround".
    Please allow them look into the matter.
    you win it is not a bug and you are set in your ways, good luck with it buddy just trying to help you with an option that works well, but alas. I have read your comments and agree on future upgrades and lets hope one day they come into play.
    Last edited by Pete Young; May 30, 2017 at 12:39 AM.

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I would like to ask only a response from the Flynax team, if you are not from the Flynax team, please do not reply
    Best regards
    Mate it is a public forum, you do not get to dictate who says what and is plain rude to make that call, a very rude reply for people just trying to help you and not appreciated reply exit left. It is people like this as to the reason nobody bothers to help anyone around here, anymore and I am about to become another one who does not bother.
    Last edited by Pete Young; May 30, 2017 at 12:26 PM.

Lightbulb Awaiting return of Flynax team

Hi, Flynax Team!

Answer from Automobile Dealers (Companies): Negative, who wants to know my first name and last name, please come to my store in person, talk to the attendant, identify yourself, inform the subject and wait in the reception room will be happy In serving him. “This is a matter of Professional Ethics” added the Chief Executive Officer.

But we Automotive Resellers (Companies) know that a system needs First Name and Surname for internal identification and control, this is very good, means that the system is very organized, but only the Site Administrator (System) can see this information.

Conclusion: Automobile Dealers (Companies) will not refuse to fill in the First Name and Second Name fields, they said that this information is useful and indispensable for the Administrator (Control Panel), but it should not be displayed in front of the site.

(Companies)

If it is a Company:
    Use First Name and Last Name only for identification and internal control of the system (Administrator), do not display them

We would like to request a response from the Flynax Team only, if you are not from the Flynax Team, please do not reply.

This request is an agreement of Gentlemen.

Thank you all

Have a good work week!

Best regards
    Last edited by Ed; May 31, 2017 at 01:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Hi, Flynax Team!

Answer from Automobile Dealers (Companies): Negative, who wants to know my first name and last name, please come to my store in person, talk to the attendant, identify yourself, inform the subject and wait in the reception room will be happy In serving him. “This is a matter of Professional Ethics” added the Chief Executive Officer.

But we Automotive Resellers (Companies) know that a system needs First Name and Surname for internal identification and control, this is very good, means that the system is very organized, but only the Site Administrator (System) can see this information.

(Companies)

If it is a Company:
    Use First Name and Last Name only for identification and internal control of the system (Administrator), do not display them

We would like to request a response from the Flynax Team only, if you are not from the Flynax Team, please do not reply.

This request is an agreement of Gentlemen.

Thank you all

Have a good work week!

Best regards
    Perfect

we integrated company name in account manager...account_manager.jpg
    it would be a great feature if it was implemented in next update...

Hi Autocy!

Please help us resolve this issue by submitting your feedback to the Flynax team, the next version needs this fix.

Thank you!

Hello Flynax
    Are we looking into this issue for version 4.6

This is critical

+ Reply to Thread