+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Company Name Field Priority

Guru
    Ed now we also do not understand ? well I think we do, but why not explain in a simple way and lets see ?

let me see

if name field is blank the email prefix shows and may present a security risk ? ok = make it a required field ?
    if a person adds a name you get upset if they are a company and company name does not show ? = put company name there and re word help to show this ?

what else is there please add.

what about add listing without register as from memory this works from email for user name ? does this affect your theory? and what about face book connect ? does this affect or are these both out ? some of us silly people have been working with and still are working with business for over 40 years and I could take that to 100 car yards and not have a problem at all with any of them, so do not see the problem, so just maybe I do not understand what your problem is, so yes please explain.
    Last edited by Pete Young; May 28, 2017 at 10:41 PM.

Wink

Hi, Pete!

The question is simple see:

All fields marked with * are required.

// Fields of registration for a Company interested in advertising.
    Company Name: *(required)
    First Name: *(required), Used only for internal control and other purposes
    Last Name: *(required), Used only for internal control and other purposes
    Other fields, etc ...

// Fields of registration for a Particular Seller or (Buyer) interested in advertising.
    First Name: *(required)
    Last Name: *(required)
    Other fields, etc ...

... There in front of the system (Front-End) ...

// If it's a Company The problem is only here
    Company Name: (displays for all)
    First Name: (Will not be shown to the public, but serves for internal control and other purposes)
    Last Name: (Will not be shown to the public, but serves for internal control and other purposes)
    Data Output -> We do not want First Name and Last Name to appear, it will only be displayed to us Administrators (Admin Panel)
    Data Output -> Company Name and other fields, Phone, etc...

// If it's a Private Seller or (Buyer)
    First Name: (displays for all)
    Last Name: (displays for all)
    Data Output -> Name + Last Name and the other fields, Phone, etc ...

Note:
    The Company Name field will have the following description "This Field will appear on your Page and within Ads"

Analyze this above very calmly and very affectionate, it is very simple

Thank You !!!!

Guru
    wow, all of that 2 different rego options yes ? one could ask why but does not matter as it is not important,

next where you say is a problem if that company name is added in Name it is shown across and displays for all, and names and last names can be controlled for internal and they need not be 2 fields ? but again who cares. and all data can be controlled how you want now. so there is no problem that I am aware of?

last part is fine. so again everything you want can be done now, it works at every level and no need to programme any thing or upset quick register of facebook connect.

and Ed I am calm affectionate? lol no never and it seems like simple has been taken and made hard, you want to re code half of everything add more check buttons and options for this and that for what? so what happens in quick register or face book connect which uses the email prefix and there is no trading name? do we also write an if statement that then reverts everything backwards and puts it back as it is now just in case ? and you say you only want first and last names visible to admin if a business ? what about if the business wants to show their names, do you not even bother, if they want to show it let them add it or leave it out very simple ?

dang a lot of confusion, for such a simple fix? I will re write my details to see if I can do exactly what you want without any changes, and post it up, but I guess that will be still wrong because we are not supposed to re name a field or change them around and I am all wrong? for that ?
    Last edited by Pete Young; May 29, 2017 at 02:06 AM.

Guru
    Ok Ed & Errol, I have re worked my registration to do everything and more than what you want, I am guessing for some reason it will be still wrong for you ? but every single concern you have is easily fixed and also improved on what you currently have. but before I go through it I will start and save you the trouble by saying I am wrong and do not understand.

Ok first steps.

1. Re Name First Name to Display Name (This takes away all confusion when filling out the form, as it clearly says what it is "a display name" and I have worded the info as - (Your preferred Name, User Name or Trading Name, your Display Name will appear on your Pages and within your Ads.) Ed this also covers your wording at the end and describes exactly what it is as well as the title, simply no confusion and hopefully we can all agree on this.

2. Hide and deactivate Last Name, it is not needed and only confuses the issue. * You could re name this account manager Name make it compulsory and then select it to hide from public view ? not tried this but it should work if you wanted that option.

3. Re Name Company Name to Trading Name. Your choice if you do this but there are many forms of business and company is only one of them. I have worded help like this (Shown in your public profile and is also used as a search option if people are looking for you in the members account pages.) This way if they are a company or business they can add details here or choose to leave it blank if they do not have a trading name, pretty simple and straight forward.

4. Added a new field called Contact Name and added the help option as (The contact name is optional and is shown in your public profile and should only be used if the contact name is already public or you wish it to be public, such as support / help desk personnel or a business owners name.) this way if a company wishes to add a public name or not it is their choice and improves upon hidden and also allows for a nominated contact name of the company to be added not just the person registering the account.

5. all other fields are optional except location, but people can choose what they do.

Now Ed and Errol, there is not one combination of anything you have put forward in any way that can not be achieved with this setup ? it will work with quick register, facebook connect and needs zero programming or changes and does every single thing you want and more ?

anyway done with it, so good luck from here guys, Ed the wife hopes to get back into New York again in the near future so maybe we can touch base and I can buy you a beer.

http://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cbhUnfXEYP
    Last edited by Pete Young; May 29, 2017 at 02:45 AM.

We would like to use the following fields below:
    Company Name, First Name, Last Name

Show us an example with these 3 fields and make company name display when we click on seller's info

Guru
    Errol, Mate I have showed you a work around that works, if you are unable or do not wish to rename some fields than there is nothing I can do to make your wish come true.

That could be done in what you also wish by renaming first name to company name but would then not work if it were not a company, so I guess if you wish to remain adamant about names and fields you will need to get a custom job done on your site.

Just imagine if flynax never named the first field first name if we would be going through this conversation? I think not, anyway I wish you well in your set up, you have the answer and an easy fix but if you wish to remain firm in your quest then as above get a custom modification.

I can also say that with what I have shown you I could sign 100 car yards and not one would have a problem, so I am a little confused as to your digging your toes in on such a simple solution. The first Field (Display Name) is your Company Name or your Name or your preferred user Name, not that hard really.

Hi, Pete!

But the keys: (First_name) and (Last_name) can not be empty! If they are empty, the Administration Panel will display (N/A), in the Name column, understood?

The system concatenates these two keys and transforms into full name.

Thanks !!

Guru
    not sure I have that problem ed ? I will check and let you know but as far as I know you only need the first one (field) and that can then be first and last names in one, and if that's compulsory it should all be fine. I will check though and let you know.

Guru
    Ed you only need first name and second name is not required so it all works well with no problems at all.

The only thing would be not to use last name for this, so thanks for the heads up on that
    * You could re name this account manager Name make it compulsory and then select it to hide from public view ? not tried this but it should work if you wanted that option.
    you could although create a new field for that if you wanted.
    Last edited by Pete Young; May 29, 2017 at 07:26 AM.

Lightbulb Viktor and Curtis's Suggestion

Hi, Pete!

Okay?

What did Viktor and Curtis say about it?

Thank You!

Ed

+ Reply to Thread