+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Company Name Field Priority

I believe every company likes to be found by company name, not first name or last name.

No company, ever, would ever want to expose the owner's name, this information is confidential and is only for Internal Control

Example:

Amazon -> is Amazon xyz ..., never the first and last name because it's a company, not a private seller

Important: A Company may even give up advertising on the portal for these reasons mentioned above

All companies I know give priority to the Company Name, they want to be found by Company Name, they want to display the Company Name, they want to tell everyone the Company Name, never the First Name and Last Name.

I even posted a topic on the forum about this, because it's worrisome, there will be big companies interested in advertising on our Classifieds Platform.

I'm sorry if I said something I should not

Thank you all
    Last edited by Ed; May 23, 2017 at 08:55 PM.

Ed you are not alone with this priority issues

http://forum.flynax.com/showthread.php?3928-Company-Name-Field-Priority

I have discussed this in the following thread and I hope they will implement it in the new version
    Last edited by Errol; May 24, 2017 at 01:58 AM.

Hello Flynax,
    Now we are seeing other website admins making mention of this Priority Issues. I hope this will be included in the the next version. Priority field name display.

This is critical for Automotive Classifieds. There will have Private Sellers and Company

Private Sellers
    First_name: John
    Last_name: Doe
    hence "John Doe" will display throughout the entire website and app as seller name.

Company/Dealers

company_name: JD Enterprise
    First_name: John
    Last_name: Doe
    hence "JD Enterprise" will display throughout the entire website and app as Dealer Name.

Has pointed out here http://forum.flynax.com/showthread.p...8541#post18541

1. Company wants to be recognized
    2. We need to keep records or FIRST NAME, LAST NAME & COMPANY NAME without substitution of fields for other results

Guru
    You are not substituting fields, flynax give an example set up, it is not gospel, you make and name your own fields as you wish, it would be impossible for flynax to build a base site that meets every single persons requirements and is why we all need to edit the base for our own needs, I do not see the how in any way what people want can not be achieved and if not then why not get a custom job done. 2 people saying the same thing does not equal a revolt or priority when hundreds upon hundreds have and still use it the way it is?

Not saying your ideas are not important, just seems it works fine as it is ? maybe I am wrong. but there is nothing shown so far that can not be done now ?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Young View Post
    You are not substituting fields, flynax give an example set up, it is not gospel, you make and name your own fields as you wish, it would be impossible for flynax to build a base site that meets every single persons requirements and is why we all need to edit the base for our own needs, I do not see the how in any way what people want can not be achieved and if not then why not get a custom job done. 2 people saying the same thing does not equal a revolt or priority when hundreds upon hundreds have and still use it the way it is?

Not saying your ideas are not important, just seems it works fine as it is ? maybe I am wrong. but there is nothing shown so far that can not be done now ?
    Hello guys!

PHP Code:
    Only registered members can view the code
    Thank You !!

Wink Here is the solution

Below is the Procedure / Code to solve this:

PHP Code:
    Only registered members can view the code
    Replace the "your-class" class with the class you want.

Remember, for the Company Name field to be displayed, it must be filled out, otherwise it will display the First Name and Last Name.

Another tip: Go to the administration panel, Account Browse Form Builder and do not display the Company Name field because it will be automatically displayed

100% tested and fully functional.

If anyone has any questions, let me know.

Save and verify that it is working properly.
    Last edited by Ed; May 24, 2017 at 08:46 PM.

Ed the solution you are doing is good. I too had done this but there are many areas which will need this mod for it to work. You have only done it on -> listing_details_seller.tpl <-
    Very soon you will need to search for other templates which are showing Full Name to affect this changes to show company name.

One of the mods includes doing the same in /includes/classesrlAccount.class.php

We haven't spoke about Android and IOS app either?? because the mod you do on the website will not reflect on both app.

In other words your website will be showing company name whilst your app will be showing Full Name

So I am pushing for a review be done for a better solution to this is from the makers end.

Hi Pete Young

Yes you are wrong and still not the getting issue. This is something that I have exhausted and did custom jobs for so I am speaking from a point where I understand how the script can be alter/mod.

Also keep in mind that this is not just for website as you may think but for both IOS and Android App.

Curtis understands from the reply he gave here - http://forum.flynax.com/showthread.p...Field-Priority

It is user input and feedback which makes flynax a better script not the other way around. So once we see something that can make this script better it will be brought forward to explore the options. Thanks for your input in trying to find a solution.

Flexibility is always good which I applaud flynax for but remember the script is not perfect. Hence why we get upgrades to add more features, flexibility and fixes (based on user's feedback and requirements).

Lets wait and see if we will get -> field display priority option <- without the headache of doing many custom mods because this option is the nature of how a lot company do advertisement with this company name as priority and not by the owner's name.
    Last edited by Errol; May 28, 2017 at 12:34 PM.

Guru
    well, wrong is a tough way of wording things but I guess wrong I am as I am not here telling people they are wrong or right ?, I can not see a problem in using one field over another or renaming them, and as it stands everything you want can be done easy so I am really unsure of the fuss, maybe I am also stupid as well as wrong?, but if you think there is a better way, then lets hope that happens and everyone is happy.

Lets wait and see if we will get -> field display priority option <- without the headache of doing many custom mods because this option is the nature of how a lot company do advertisement with this company name as priority and not by the owner's name.
    very easily done without display options or headaches or updates at least for now? so call me wrong, stupid and confused ?

Just change the first name field to just name (hide last name) Put in the info please add your preferred user name or your trading name or words to that effect, and then they just add john doe or JD Enterprises and the problem is solved yes or no ?. anyway over it now, hope it gets sorted so you like it. cheers.
    Last edited by Pete Young; May 28, 2017 at 01:40 PM.

Cool Companies X Individuals

Quote Originally Posted by Errol View Post
    Ed the solution you are doing is good. I too had done this but there are many areas which will need this mod for it to work. You have only done it on -> listing_details_seller.tpl <-
    Very soon you will need to search for other templates which are showing Full Name to affect this changes to show company name.

One of the mods includes doing the same in /includes/classesrlAccount.class.php

We haven't spoke about Android and IOS app either?? because the mod you do on the website will not reflect on both app.

In other words your website will be showing company name whilst your app will be showing Full Name

So I am pushing for a review be done for a better solution to this is from the makers end.

Hello Errol !

I've been thinking about this, you're absolutely right, this modification will not affect the (App), I want to buy the (Apps)!!!!

People can not understand what we're trying to say, it's that simple, but it's of great importance.

I do not know if it's because I'm using Google Translate, it seems that nobody can understand, I've already put giant images, but it does not solve.

They are thinking that it is in alphabetical search, is not it! I am referring to the display of the Company Name

The temporary solution that I posted here in the forum, is for versions (4.5.2) with auto_flatty and auto_wide templates

This subject is a matter of (Market / Business Vision), I know from 5 (Five) Automotive Listing Platforms (Triumphant), none displays the First Name and Last Name of the Company Owner, but the Company Name

I want to ask a question for everyone here in the forum!

Who Gives More Profit to a Listings Platform?

Companies or Individuals?

+ Reply to Thread